Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Polls open at 0600!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
We were first in line at our polling location this morning
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I voted at 6:15 this morning, would have been earlier but had to let the ice melt off the car.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
There were about 6 people in front of me, out in 10 minutes!  Looks like its a pretty fair turnout for a mid-term election.  Need everyone's vote, looks like the get out to vote machine/ad campaigns might be working.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Done.  Nice crowd of obvious (R)'s, very sparse (D) support.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Couldn't make it this morning but my girl and I have a date to go vote at 1630...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
wife. kids, and I all went at 0620...there were a few people there...more people arriving as we left....although we are in NoVA, my district went solidly for McCain last fall, and that seems to be the case again
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Done!  Lots of people voting this morning, but I was in & out in a flash..
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Wife and I went at 0645, lots of (R) support, very little (D).  In and out in a jiff....this was Windsor Woods Elementary, VA Beach.  Holding breath for exit polls.  Really, let's take back the CW and maybe the re-taking of America will take fire and the mid-terms will neuter the libs.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
8 months away till we can defend our families in restaurants while concealed carrying!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Hit the polls at 7am.  I was number 31, which is not bad for where I vote (Creeds).
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Hit the polls in Culpeper around 8:20.  There was absolutely no one there.  I walked right up to the election official, showed them my voter registration card, got a voting station right away, voted and left.  In and out in around 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:32:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Done!

I vote at West Potomac HS (Fairfax County, just south of Alexandria), and it looked like the local "community activists" had bussed in some voters.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#14]
6:30 this am Lake Monticello, Fluvanna County. was a NICE turnout
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Voted in Old Town and there was a line, but the poll guy said that it was because they had some machine problems earlier and apologized. Went quickly anyway. Only a few campaign folks outside, including the sister of the R running for delegate from my area.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#16]
done
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:17:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Done this morning at 6:15 in Forest, VA.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Wife and I voted around 6:45am, Providence district, FFX.

No wait.
Only people outside were Dems handing out sample ballots, and one guy for a local school board candidate.

We're a traditionally landslide-dem district, so I don't hold my hopes too high.  Saw folks walking in and noticed the only 'new' car in the parking lot had McCain stickers on it, which was a good sign.  Hoping the lefties stay home today.

I'm less concerned over the big three than I am ditching our local Dem state delegate seat.  Incumbent is gone, but the new Dem lady vying for office is a %&#*!    The GOP candidate is endorsed by Wash Post and other local papers (minus the Falls Church City rag, of course) but with most voters going with party lines... I'm still very skeptical he'll win.  Still crossing my fingers though!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Done.

Voted in West End of Alexandria around 0830 and there was almost nobody at the polls.  Didn't have to wait in line and saw only two "community activists" pushing the DEM side whereas in prior elections there have been many times that number.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Voted in Loudoun County at 09:30..  Maybe twelve people voting inside..

Outside was one older Dem pushing sample ballots. I guess Dems don't know how to fill in a circle properly so instructions are required.

The R side had five of our local 'yutes which is a good sign for the future. I'm guessing the parents were busy being employed or looking for employment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Kind of crowded in Mathews, more than 100 people waiting with me...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#22]
In and out in three minutes in Salem, although I was #200-something.

Wrote myself in for Sheriff.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Voted around 6:30 this morning in Lake Ridge. No waiting; walked right in and voted. In and out in about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Stay safe out there.  A friend of mine has pics of someone trashing Cuccinelli signs at a polling place.  Fortunately he also got pics of the guy's truck and the company name on the door.  Gotta love cell-phone cameras.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#25]
GOOD LUCK Virginia,

We're with you.  I hope we here in NJ are able to regain our state  and our country as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stay safe out there.  A friend of mine has pics of someone trashing Cuccinelli signs at a polling place.  Fortunately he also got pics of the guy's truck and the company name on the door.  Gotta love cell-phone cameras.

Think he would send them to you to be posted?  Photos like that need to be shared and stand as a reminder of "the political party of peace" and what they really are!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think he would send them to you to be posted?  Photos like that need to be shared and stand as a reminder of "the political party of peace" and what they really are!

He's a local GOP activist, so I have no doubt they'll be made available at some point.  Right now he's busy working the polls.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Voted mid morning and had a very sparse, which I believe will help things go our way.

Wife came home early from her trip just to vote.

VERY interested in NY-23 and the NJ Gubernatorial fight.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
i voted 2 weeks ago(powhatan county) in person absentee.........no line
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Just got back from voting, and it took all of 35 seconds. Seriously, I shouldn't have even turned off my car. There was no line, and I was in and out. Anyone have any links to places that track the results as they come in?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes I voted here in NoVA!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just got back from voting, and it took all of 35 seconds. Seriously, I shouldn't have even turned off my car. There was no line, and I was in and out. Anyone have any links to places that track the results as they come in?

I can't seem to find anything either...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Mid-morning, for a change, I meandered my way to the local polling place (Claremont Immersion School, overlooking the verdant flat-lands between Guatemala and Honduras), and cast one-half of my lawful votes.  Generally, I write-in something pithy instead of just ignoring the local slate of Dim bulbs (the other half of my lawful votes); nothing but Dim candidates locally here in Arlington.  Since I heard the President resort to Ebonics Obamics in Southern Virginia last week –– exhorting in decidedly urban slang, the assembled throngs to 'fetch Pookie to the polls wit' ya' –– I'm no longer able to summon up any emotion other than resignation.

I'm happy to report, however, none of the ennui that I felt when I voted for McCain as I selected straight-Republican at the state level.  I really want a Republican sweep at the state level.  Both for the Commonwealth and the Nation.  Between the months of Deeds' purely negative campaign and Shannon's out-and-out lies about Kuccinelli I feel nothing but revulsion for Dimocrats.  And then there's the local Arlington hack, a guy named Flushette, whose flyers reflected Deeds competing against McDonald.  

The brightest note in all of this was the $25 or $30 (total) the Dims spent getting my Dimocrat vote out.  They must be made of money!  Adding to the pile of stuff I've gotten from them during the past three months, every day of the last four a canvasser came by my house, and wasted a 'door hanger' on me ... the latest of which showed the President with Deeds.  The second brightest note?  I missed the La Razza crowd that dominates the polling place later in the day.

Please.  Please.  Unless you have political aspirations, 'register' as a Dimocrat.*  They'll remind you regularly why you don't vote for them.  They'll go out of their way to ensure you never miss an election.  And while they're doing this, they'll be wasting time and money on you.  Additionally, this will free up resources for your real candidate(s) to spend elsewhere.  I rely on on VCDL-PAC and other organizations to educate me regarding my key issues.

* Several years ago I signed up to a number of pro-dim sites/mail lists, and began to always respond ala Dimocrat in phone surveys.  Ever since then, the Repbulican mailings have stopped, to be replaced by Dimocrat garbage.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#34]
NRA called me last week to discuss the cnadidates and I just told them not to worry about me and to focus thier attention on someone who needed to know the truth and not the Dems bullshit.

They liked that!

But I hear whats being said.  I am a member of several pro-obama and Democratic email listings; good intel!  Always know what your enemies are up to!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

GOOD LUCK Virginia,

We're with you. I hope we here in NJ are able to regain our state and our country as well.

And the best to you guys as well!  Remember, there are still SANE people in this country who are willing to fight for it!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Wife and I voted around 0650 this morning at the Porter Library in Stafford county.  A light turn out while we were there.  Repubs had 3 guys in front of the library handing out sample ballot sheets.  Dims had one guy who was passing out a flier for the Dim candidate for the Stafford board of supervisors.  Here's hoping the Repubs will smarten up and stop being so namby pamby in the future.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I had to report my polling officials AGAIN this morning.  My experience basically mirrored November....

1. Dems too close to the doors (ZERO Repubs set up at my polls)
2. Dems pushing material, while i was 5 feet from the door
3. Dems pushing material in the polling room!  

i've had to tell both of these people to get out before i called the police.  next election i'm bringing my extra long tape measure.  Or I'm going to headbutt the next political asshole from either side thats breaking the rules.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I was the only voter when I went at 7:30, quick and painless, and no (D)'s there to distribute material.

I'm smelling an (R) sweep, but I've been wrong before. VA did carry Our Glorious Leader...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Very light when I voted just before 9. Dimmy asked me if I wanted one of their sample ballots, asked him if it was single ply or quilted. He didn't get it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#40]
no line today at 1030a when I voted,
I was #276

took my father to his precinct today, no line either,

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Voted
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#42]
any info on the numbers yet?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
any info on the numbers yet?

Just some comments from Jim Geraghty's twitter
http://twitter.com/jimgeraghty

No real details, but one of my guys said Democrats' panic in Virginia is justified. Morning numbers must have been epically lopsided.
8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Creigh Deeds campaign telling supporters - and by that I mean MSNBC –– they're getting their "butts kicked" among independents
about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#44]
thats what i like to see!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Voted at 7AM in Vienna, very light turnout.

I heard that the VA turnout was expected to be 45%, comparable to the last governor's race, under the 75% for Presidential election.

Also heard a NJ robocall on Hannity's radio show.

The NJ Democratic Party sponsored it, calls for folks to vote for the independant in hope of splitting the Republican vote in this close race.  Classy, huh?

I'm also on "their" email lists.  Obama's camp has been sending several a day, asking folks to vote gives you 5 names to call in your area to go vote (done via links).

We've worked hard to make the case for Creigh Deeds and the vision he offers Virginia. It all comes down to what we do in these final moments. We can't let up now.

Thanks,

Mitch

Mitch Stewart
Director
Organizing for America
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#46]
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

I'm feelin' lucky.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.voterinfo.sbe.virginia.gov/election/DATA/2009/37C2EDEB-FACB-44C1-AF70-05FB616DCD62/UnOfficial/2_s.shtml
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Done
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Voted at 1130 in Eastern Loudoun County. Wife and I in and out in 5 minutes. There were some GOP reps there handing out sample ballots as well with the Rep dots filled in. No dems.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got back form voting, the place was empty.   On a few of the local ballots for city of norfolk treasurer and commonwealth attorney I wrote in my own name since it was a Dem for each running unopposed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top