Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 7:55:14 AM EDT
Was in Dick's looking for Blaze Orange and the advertized Gun case. Happened by the ammo counter and asked about .380 ammo.  He said the only thing that we have left is one box of  250 pack UMC FMJ listed at $99.  I said I'll take it.  Went to the checkout and it rung up at $89.99 and I had a $10 Dick's coupon, net $79.99 for 250 rounds of .380 ($.31/round).  Been looking for some and it appears that is going for between $.50-1 a round.

There was tons of ammo at the Fair Lakes Store, 9mm, .45ACP, 38, etc.  it was overflowing on the floor.  Core-Lokt is on sale (.308, 270, 243, etc) and they seem to have remington .223 on sale.

Looks like ammo is becoming more available, price is slightly higher then Walmart, but its in the case.  What are your ammo deals of the week?  Any reloading deals locally or someone selling presses cheap?

ETA:  It was a Scorecard Rewards Coupon that they sent me in the mail based on points accumulated.  Didn't have any restrictions listed on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I was lucky enough to hit the Fair Lakes Wal-Mart a few weeks ago the day that they got a big shipment of several calibers.  Picked up quite a bit of 9mm (mix of white box and Federal), a box of .22.  They had some .40 and .45.  Asked the lady how long she thought it would last.  "We have so much 9mm it may last until tomorrow morning, but the other stuff will be gone by this afternoon."

Strangely, several people were standing around the counter, but only a couple of us were buying.  One guy looking for .380 and .38, but no dice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
My Dick's coupon says that it cannot be used for ammunition
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The scorecard coupons are nice, but hell I have a hard time finding something in there I want 10 bucks off of
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington Core-Lokt is $14.50-$2.50 rebate for $11.98 per 20.  Thats for .308, 30-06, .270. 243, etc. with a $10 off coupon with a net $2 per box or $.10 a round with reloadable brass, that might be interesting?
Quoted:
The scorecard coupons are nice, but hell I have a hard time finding something in there I want 10 bucks off of

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I was at Dick's yesterday, and I just was NOT impressed with the prices.  If my stash were more depleted I may have sucked it up, but since I have enough for more range sessions than I have made in a year (not many - the little boy is 11 months old), I am not worrying too much about it.  

shooter
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My Dick's coupon says that it cannot be used for ammunition

Give it a try anyway. They always accept mine even with the disclaimer.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Give it a try anyway. They always accept mine even with the disclaimer.

+1

They haven't examined mine, just rung it up.  My problem is remembering to bring the dang thing...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:20:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been picking up .223 at Dick's over last 3 weeks at 7.99 box/20 UMC Remington..Thats about as low as I have any around here

Wish I hasd that damn 10% off card..
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I cannot believe that I am about to head out on a long drive and yet I still checked this thread for an update on ammo prices ––- and I DON'T EVEN NEED ANY MORE AMMOOOOO!
Must. not. follow. ammo threads.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:32:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I cannot believe that I am about to head out on a long drive and yet I still checked this thread for an update on ammo prices ––- and I DON'T EVEN NEED ANY MORE AMMOOOOO!
Must. not. follow. ammo threads.

I'm calling BS!  
Everyone can ALWAYS use at least a little bit more...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can never find anything in there that I want 10 bucks off of that I still couldn't find cheaper somewheres else.

I have seen a lot of "value packed" ammo at the lynchburg Dick's, but $100 for 250 rounds is a bit steep for the 9mm I saw. That ends up being $0.40 cents per round, but if you can't find it anywhere else, at least you always know that Dick's practices capitalism and is well aware of supply/demand, so they always have ammo.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got out to Dicks and the prices are not the best, but their is a couple of sales.  If you can't get it any where else they have a good stock on hand.  I bought 9mm WWB 100 round boxes for $29.99.  I have been buying my .223 from the NRA Range for $70.00 for 200(UMC green and white boxes), thats the best deal in the area. .40 Ferderal from Wally world for about $12.47.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top