Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:31:54 AM EDT
I wrote telling him that I do NOT want this nut job to be the "regulations & policies czar" given that he believes that animals should be able to sue people, hunting should be banned, and all gun control is constitutional.  Here was the reply I got:

Dear Mr. KCobean,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Cass R. Sunstein to serve as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget.  I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution provides that the President "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint.Officers of the United States.."  As a former Chief Executive, I respect the constitutional authority and prerogative of the President, regardless of party, to select nominees for the executive branch who he believes will best serve the interest of the American people.  I also take very seriously the Senate's constitutional duty to render advice and consent on Presidential nominations.

On September 10, 2009, the U.S. Senate confirmed Mr. Sunstein's nomination by a vote of 57-40, with my support.  I am proud of my consistent record of supporting second amendment rights, and I have full confidence that Mr. Sunstein will stand by assurances he has given that he does not support limitations on hunting and will not use his position to undermine federal law or further any policies that are inconsistent with congressional directives.

Again, thank you for writing.  As we move forward in the 111th Congress, please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

Interesting how a Senator who supported the appointment of a man who believes it's impossible to violate  the 2nd amendment is quoting the constitution to me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Needs to be made a Former Senator then...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like the same message I got from him....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have full confidence that Mr. Sunstein will stand by assurances he has given that he does not support limitations on hunting and will not use his position to undermine federal law or further any policies that are inconsistent with congressional directives.

I know some Nigerian scam artists that would like to have his email address.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]

I got the same response and I agree, he needs to be fired in his next election cycle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, but I'm afraid that too many drones think he's just perfect and he won't be going anywhere.  His response is full of condescension and arrogance, what a shock. i.e. I know better than you, STFU and pay your taxes and harvest your rice
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've defended  him in the past based on his past track record at Governor, but I watched how he voted on this and agree that their is no way he can defend this vote other then marching with the party line.  Hopefully the Republicans can nominate someone worth voting for this time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I got the same e-mail from the dipshit also.

That dumbass would vote for his own execution if obongo told him to.

But at least I get a response from him. More than I can say about Webb.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]
What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with hunting?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Warner wants to be president. He is going to tow the party line until he gets his shot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Warner wants to be president. He is going to tow the party line until he gets his shot.

Bingo!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top