Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 7:30:41 AM EDT
I just wanted to post here about great service I've received from Lloyd at SCAM.  Don't let the name fool you, it's a great shop.  If you need any kind of machine work (performance or just stock clean-up) done on your motors he's the man to go to.  He did the work on my LT1 cylinder heads.  His work is very high quality.  He did a superb 5-angle valve job, short turn radius blend, bowl blend, port matching, etc. on mine a year ago.  He even installed the new valve springs at no charge.  That's no big deal, but it was nice, saved me time.  
Last week, I needed my truck heads hot tanked and milled along with new gaskets and head bolts (blew another head gasket).  I dropped them off on a Monday, and had them in my hands 3 days later at a price that beat every other machine shop from Bowling Green to NoVA.  
They do everything from on-site engine balancing to flow-benching and head work.  Go to SCAM for your motor needs, you won't be sorry.  MJD
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great shop, were are they located? Sounds like Springfield unless that is the owners name.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great shop, were are they located? Sounds like Springfield unless that is the owners name.

The shop is right on the border of Newington/Springfield.  It's over on Terminal road just a little bit past the tank farm.  If you get done there, you can go across the parkway and go see the fellows at Gilbert's Small Arms.  It's not far away at all.  MJD

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top