Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 8:09:50 PM EDT
1230 hours, I95 northbound from Dale City to Springfield.  EVERYONE!!!!
It's only one lane shut down, folks.  No need to come to a complete fucking stop to gawk at guys wearing bright orange and yellow vests on the side of the road.  Merge left and move out smartly!!

Blue Tahoe with VA tags (unknown) heading south on 95 right at Backlick RD.  This douche slows to 45mph in the left lane because of the signs telling drivers that they are approaching a construction zone. Stay out of the left lane!!!
The left lane is not a lane of tavel.  It is a passing lane only.  If you insist on driving in it at lower than posted speed, I should be allowed to ram your ass!!  This was 2300 hours.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The left lane is not a lane of tavel.  It is a passing lane only.  If you insist on driving in it at lower than posted speed, I should be allowed to ram your ass!!  This was 2300 hours.

My biggest beef with all drivers, right there!  American drivers just can't get that whole "keep right except to pass" and "yield to passing traffic" thing thru their skulls.  Especially up and down the east coast.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Took this the other day (with my Blackberry) sitting at the stop light of Braddock and 123:

He was swerving in and out of traffic and proceeded to go about 70mph down Braddock west of rt-123.  He got caught in traffic and then slowed to make a left hand turn when I passed him to see that he had some of the twine going from the top of the roll, over the roof and tied to the windshield wiper...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]

The left lane is not  a lane of tavel. It is a passing lane only.

Except that NoVA traffic is so bad it IS a travel lane.
The roads are overloaded for most of rush hour, that is why you are not even near 55.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
to see that he had some of the twine going from the top of the roll, over the roof and tied to the windshield wiper...

Should have spit on his windshield and observed the hilarity.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Got one for ya.  This morning on my way to work, a vehicle wouldn't even move out of the left lane for an ambulance running lights and sirens.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Got one for ya.  This morning on my way to work, a vehicle wouldn't even move out of the left lane for an ambulance running lights and sirens.

In Righteous Judgment Land, those people are soon put into the back of the very ambulance they were impeding.

_MaH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top