Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 8:14:26 AM EDT
Water Diversion/Prevention Inside House (Stafford, VA )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-06-04, 11:02AM EDT

Seeks individual w/expertise in water diversion and water intrusion. I need advice from an experienced individual on what to do for a house that sits at the bottom of a slope/hill. The water is a problem during heavy rains. The person should have experience with ditches, retaining walls, gutter discharges,drainage pipes, etc., and how they should connect.

I cannot afford large companies and expensive fees. I plan to do the work myself with independent hourly labor. Respondents must provide references w/tele numbers and descriptions of jobs worked on that can be verified (photographs welcome). On site, the person must be thorough in descriptions after viewing the problem area which should take less than 30 minutes.
I will take detaileld notes on all recommendations/processes and materials. No followup work is requested for this task.

If references check out the fee is 50.00 for two hours.

note...cannot afford large companies and expensive fees.[I can understand that]

note... I plan to do the work myself [well ok but you may need E. S .C permits]

heres the funny part...must provide references w/tele numbers and descriptions of jobs worked on that can be verified (photographs welcome).

I wrote these people and told them they are the reason I have to get out of this place they want referances/job referals and such for advise    

I saw this ad under the heading need help [and am certified with erosion and sediment controll contractor ] and was going to give my advise but after reading it #$%@ $%#@
Im tired of stupid
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeks individual w/expertise in water diversion and water intrusion. I need advice from an experienced individual on what to do for a house that sits at the bottom of a slope/hill.

Step 1:  Don't buy a house that sits at the bottom of a hill.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen alot of this and what was funny was when I was cooking 2 porterhouses on my grill and a guy asked me if I knew how to light his new grill.  He also saw my porterhouses looked nice and all 4 dogs were sitting trying to get a bite.

Where do these people grow up at?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I cannot afford large companies and expensive fees. I plan to do the work myself with independent hourly labor.

Code-phrase for illegals?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I am beginning to think Yuppies are more disgusting than hippies. Here is my synopsis, these are people used to getting their own way from childhood. They don't care about other people, only themselves and what is good for them. B/c of this, they lead unfullfilling lives and never have close friendships. They think the world revolves around them and never have gotten "A wake up call." Honestly, adds like this don't surprise me as the person really believes someone out there should be willing to help. Unfortunately it takes catestrophic events in their lives or divine intervention to wake them up to the fact that no one cares about them or their problems
By the way, they grow up in NOVA, go to an overrated public school, then go to UVA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]

advise    

I had to look it up myself but they apparently used "advice" correctly dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?dict=CALD&key=1237

~the more you know~
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
you won't believe this one ...we were paving a driveway for the prosecuting attorney of my county [which I won't mention]  and needed his water hose to fill the roller he hooked it up and it leaked [water was going everywhere, he took it off looked at it and screwed it back on...still leaking he said darn I just bought this hose my old one did the same thing, my brother went over took it off looked and said ...it doesn't have the washer in the hosedon't forget this guy is the prosecuting attorney
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have seen alot of this and what was funny was when I was cooking 2 porterhouses on my grill and a guy asked me if I knew how to light his new grill.  He also saw my porterhouses looked nice and all 4 dogs were sitting trying to get a bite.

I'm fairly sure most of them are still working on the whole growing up thing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seeks individual w/expertise in water diversion and water intrusion. I need advice from an experienced individual on what to do for a house that sits at the bottom of a slope/hill.

Or for that matter, on a flood plain below sea level right next to the god damn ocean.  Best possible outcome of that is becoming famous on some esoteric cult-like website for being photographed swiping a few beverages...  

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm fairly sure most of them are still working on the whole growing up thing.

He never turned the switch on the propan tank.  It was plugged in but he never twisted it for on/open.

It sure was a nice grill.  Probally cost him 3-400 bucks.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#10]
like this

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or for that matter, on a flood plain below sea level right next to the god damn ocean.  Best possible outcome of that is becoming famous on some esoteric cult-like website for being photographed swiping a few beverages...  

_MaH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top