Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 4:45:26 AM EDT
Hello all,
Just wanted to let everyone know that A&P Arms Lynnhaven is re-opening today.  No I do not work for them but I am pretty good friends with some of the staff there.  Just wanted to let everyone know in the surrounding area that they can come shoot and get thier dose of theraputic recoil again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
theraputic recoil with a chance of flash fire.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Is bay 3 (the rifle range.... where the fire was) open again too?

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Only bays 1 & 2 will be open.  Also, they have completely stripped and cleaned the entire complex.  Everything is shiny now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
This is good news, I really need to test the new sights on my Glock 30(which I got back from Bob's the day before A&P went Kaboom). I was going to stop at Shooters tomorrow after work(they are down the street from the office), guess I won't need to do that now.

Are there any new restrictions we need to know about?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Only changes are that shots must be taken between 4-6 seconds now instead of 3-5 and that you must purchase the rifle ammo from the range in order to shoot your rifles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
How can you possibly practice double taps when you cant shoot 2 in a row? Why the 4-6 second rule?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only changes are that shots must be taken between 4-6 seconds now instead of 3-5 and that you must purchase the rifle ammo from the range in order to shoot your rifles.

........it starts.

They've also just lost the business of a huge group of handloaders.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How can you possibly practice double taps when you cant shoot 2 in a row? Why the 4-6 second rule?

They haven't permitted rapid fire of any sort there for quite some time.  The fact is that they don't run their range with much supervision.  Usually there is one guy who is supposed to keep an eye on all three bays (18 lanes) and manage the register for the range side of the shop (ammo, targets, range safety instruction before you enter the lane, etc. )  It doesn't matter your skill level.  Most of the people who go there don't take their shooting as seriously as the average person here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They haven't permitted rapid fire of any sort there for quite some time.  

What a shame.  When I worked there, First and Third Thursday was Machine Gun night.  Debbie and Ritchie (of D&R Guns) and quite a few private citizens would bring out their MG's and suppressors.  Almost all of 'em were more than happy to share, too, leading to a packed crowd most times.

Never mind the days that the specwar guys would come in and take over a whole bay, carting in arm loads of fun toys and 5 gallon buckets full of 9mm and 5.56.  Full auto rat-a-tat until they ran out of ammo.  They, too, often would let people shoot, as long as they were willing to load their own magazines!

There also used to be a few IDPA shooters and quite a few IPSC guys who would come and shoot like gangbusters.

The place has always been understaffed, but proper management, and control, of a HOT range IS possible.

.....but I haven't been there since I left Norm's employ in 2004.

Thankfully, the Marine Corps range at Camp Allen is an option.  Never had a problem with anything there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Will  they be renting Nomex flash hoods?

I'll stick with Camp Allen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Only bays 1 & 2 will be open.  Also, they have completely stripped and cleaned the entire complex.  Everything is shiny now.

what a concept, cleaning up powder...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They haven't permitted rapid fire of any sort there for quite some time.  The fact is that they don't run their range with much supervision.  Usually there is one guy who is supposed to keep an eye on all three bays (18 lanes) and manage the register for the range side of the shop (ammo, targets, range safety instruction before you enter the lane, etc. )  It doesn't matter your skill level.  Most of the people who go there don't take their shooting as seriously as the average person here.

one of several reasons i avoid there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top