Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2007 5:34:55 AM EDT
I'm in Stafford and can't find anywhere to buy powder and primers and I don't want to pay HAZMAT fees to ship it....Gandermountain doesn't carry very much reloading stuff IIRC, but I could be wrong about that...I vaguely remember seeing a sporting goods store a little further south, I thought it was a Cabelas, but it's not listed on their website....
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Jan 12th alot of reloaders in NOVA are meeting at Mike Resturant to get group buys started.  
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=290701
Link Posted: 12/31/2007 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I'll be visiting family in Oregon then....
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Well if we do start a bulk buy then I will let you know.  I am going down to Richmond on the 7th I uselly get some stuff from Gander Mountain so I can right off the gas as a business expense.
Link Posted: 1/1/2008 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I went to GM today and they do have a little bit. They were out of large pistol primers and they wanted $30 per K! Is that normal for around here?
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I can't find anything around here and GM is sold out till mid Feb. Anybody got 1K large pistol primers, 1K small rifle, and some H335 they want to sell me?
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
have you checked THE RANGE in Stafford?  I am pretty sure they do some of their own reloading.  They might have something or get it for you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
have you checked THE RANGE in Stafford?  I am pretty sure they do some of their own reloading.  They might have something or get it for you.

I didn't think they sold components, but it's worth a phone call to double check!
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Check Atlantic Guns in both Silver Spring, Md. and Rockville, Md.
They are no longer in the reloading so they are selling ALL of their reloading components for 1/2 price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Check Atlantic Guns in both Silver Spring, Md. and Rockville, Md.
They are no longer in the reloading so they are selling ALL of their reloading components for 1/2 price.

Thanks for the tip, I just called them and the Silver Spring store is selling reloading equipment 1/2 off, but not powders or primers, and they're out of small rifle/large pistol

Thanks anyways!
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Guns and Ammo Warehouse had H335 and primers when I was in there on Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks for the tip, I just called them and the Silver Spring store is selling reloading equipment 1/2 off, but not powders or primers, and they're out of small rifle/large pistol
Thanks anyways!

Yeah, I was there a couple weeks ago with high hopes... powder and primers not included in the sale, and primer cost was WAAAY too high  Slim pickens on everything else.  I walked out with a box of 100 45cal 230gr Gold dot bullets and nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]
No luck at The Range either....
So here's a question, If I order like 10 or 15K, pay the Hazmat fee, who here would buy some from me + a couple bucks to help cover the Hazmat? Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, I can't find anything around here and GM is sold out till mid Feb. Anybody got 1K large pistol primers, 1K small rifle, and some H335 they want to sell me?

You might try Guns and Ammo warehouse in Manassas, they usually are open on Sunday.  I would call them first to see what's in stock, might pay a couple of bucks over mail order but no hazmat fees.

The Nova Reloaders are trying to put a group buy together for the next funshow (Feb 8 timeframe) if you can wait that long.

Hope this helps,

--Olivers_AR
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#14]
From what I've heard, Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas is pretty much going to be your "one-stop-shop" in NoVA for reloading equipment and supplies.  I know we sure don't carry any of that at BRA.

_MaH
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
From what I've heard, Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas is pretty much going to be your "one-stop-shop" in NoVA for reloading equipment and supplies.  I know we sure don't carry any of that at BRA.

_MaH

I just called them and sure enough they have LP and SR primers....only damn place in NOVA so far....I'm headed up in a while....
Thanks guys...it's always tough finding supplies when you're new to an area...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

_MaH

I just called them and sure enough they have LP and SR primers....only damn place in NOVA so far....I'm headed up in a while....
Thanks guys...it's always tough finding supplies when you're new to an area...

Keep in mind there's a gun show at Dulles Expo Center the weekend of Feb 9th. You'll find buttloads of reloading supplies there. And, yes, I do mean a buttload!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top