Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 11:56:35 AM EDT
Hey guys - i'm visiting the in-laws over Xmas in Va Beach and was wondering what the recommended rifle ranges are in the area.  Thx in advance for any input.  

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey guys - i'm visiting the in-laws over Xmas in Va Beach and was wondering what the recommended rifle ranges are in the area.  Thx in advance for any input.  

If your confined to Virginia Beach then you really have 2 choices.

Superior Pawn address and website below:

www.superiorpawn.com/index.html

4760 Virginia Beach Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA
Monday - Saturday 9 am - 6 pm
Ph: 757.490.8208

and

A & P Arms Lynnhaven, I haven't been here in a long time, but they used to let you fire AR's there in addition to Pistol.

2664 Lishelle Pl
Virginia Beach, VA
757-427-2627

If you want to travel as far as downtown Norfolk, you can go to Bob's Gun Shop address and website below. Bob's has a good selection of firearms, but their ammunition sales on the 2nd florr is something to see. They put all of the ammo out on supermarket shelves for your browsing pleasure. Bob's has range guns for rent as well. Its' a relatively short range, I think only about 15 yards or so.

Bob's Gun Shop

746 Granby Street
Norfolk, Virginia 23510-0003

Tel: (757) 627-8311

www.bobsgunshop.com/list.php?cid=310&esi=a55a94b2ac139f01f6f1691f3f2ec95e

You can also go to the outdoor range at Pungo. This range just changed owners and has been renamed, but I don't know the name.  It's know generically around here as the "Pungo Range'. The address is below. I haven't been since the change of ownership/management and its supposed to have made great improvements with the change. They pretty much allow all rifle calibers with ranges out to ~ 200 yards.

Pungo Range
6025 Marvin Road
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23457
Phone#426-9953 or 427-2627

If your military (active, reserve/national guard, or retired) or a federal LEO, you can shoot at the USMC Range at Camp Allen. This is a Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) indoor facility that has retrievabale targets out to 25 meters. They allow AR's and (I think AK's) as well as pistol, they have range guns available for rent, but you have to buy their ammo.

www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm

All of the ranges except Pungo are indoors and have retrievable targets.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot with SEAL TEAM 6 just off of Little Creek Rd

OK j/k

There is an outdoor range in Pungo off Marvin road, believe the name is now C2.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'll swing by and see if they mind.

Thx for the input guys.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OK j/k

Dam Neck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top