Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2007 11:14:31 AM EDT
Richmond, VA #341 GRAND OPENING 10/5! 10150 Lakeridge Parkway, Ashland, VA, 23005, 804-550-2414

I know when they opened a new one in FL before I moved they had a HUGE sale on firearms/ammo and assecories. They had actual sales men from Leupold, and a few others that escape my mind.
www.gandermountain.com/index.asp
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in there yesterday.   Prices just as crappy as the one in Fredericksburg.   G21 with standard sites was only $750.  

Wolf 223 was $6 a box and Wolf MC 7.62x39 was $5 a box.

Will be nice when Bass Pro opens and both GM and Greentop have to do something about their prices.      
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I went in the new store on Saturday.  Some items are on par for price but many are overpriced.  You definitely have to price shop them against Green Top and Dick's.  GM advertises a price match policy for any item that can be found cheaper within 1 hours drive.  Might be interesting to find out if they will or not.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
how did y'all go if the grand opening isn't until 10/5?
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how did y'all go if the grand opening isn't until 10/5?

they obvoiusly had a soft opening,
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks goodness for online sales. The Winchester Gander Mtn. had some M193 5.56 ammo by the case and by the box. There was no price for either. I asked the salesman the price and he could not tell me! He asked the manager and he did not know either! Needless to say I was not impressed.

It was fun to watch the Bubbas dry fireing the ARs on the racks though. I would hate to be the nimrod buying their rack guns.

From what I could see everything hunting /gun related was overpriced by at least 25+%. Fishing items were priced better but were not that great either.

I expect guns / ammo to be higher in a shop but Gander Mtn's prices are over the top. I guess I'm just a cheap bastard but I can't throw my money away like that. I won't be going back. It was about like a 7-11 for outdoor gear. Yeah it's convinent but you're going to pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I spoke to a fellow last weekend at my gun club who said he and several buddies  went to the new GM.  They didn't buy anything because it was all so pricey.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was in there yesterday.   Prices just as crappy as the one in Fredericksburg.   G21 with standard sites was only $750.  

Will be nice when Bass Pro opens and both GM and Greentop have to do something about their prices.      

$750 for a G21!  Holy Plastic Underpants Batman!

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$750 for a G21!  Holy Plastic Underpants Batman!

Yeah I did the same thing but you need to keep in mind that does come with an extra year of warranty, a gun sock and a free cleaning!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#9]
everyone knows those 1 year warranties on Glocks are for suckers.  They don't break until year 2!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there today and I didn't see any sale specials going on. Not impressed, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top