Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 7:32:55 AM EDT
So last night i walked out of drum practice to find that my Jeep had been stolen.  It was locked, but since it's a soft-top i suspect they weren't even slowed down.

A police report is in so it is being looked for, but a few more watchful eyes couldn't hurt.

'95 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande
Tan w/ a Spice colored ragtop
Body damage down the driver side door
Plate is JPV-9239
RECOVERED... mostly.
Thanks.
-Keen
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
just got the call that it had been recovered.  Havent seen it yet so not sure what kind of shape it's in, but very happy to have it back.
Thank god for Richmond's finest.

ETA: After going to see it, i am now much less thrilled.  Everything that wasnt bolted down, and some of the things that were, are now gone. Also, they mangled my steering column so bad that i can't get the key in to start it, so it's now undriveable.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]

I'd die if someone broke into my truck.  I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

On the other hand, I would love to see someone try to steal the Neon, because it has no brakes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have lived on west grace for the last two years. I got my BMW ragtop sliced open and they took an empty cd case. They left the $300 alpine deck and the RF system in the trunk.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
i had a friend (RIP) who lived on Meadow, near Maymont, in the early 80's,
she had a nice little Fiat convertable,
after the second top got sliced up, she just left it unlocked,
sad thing is it was never anything worth stealing in it,

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
just got the call that it had been recovered.  Havent seen it yet so not sure what kind of shape it's in, but very happy to have it back.

ETA: After going to see it, i am now much less thrilled.  Everything that wasnt bolted down, and some of the things that were, are now gone. Also, they mangled my steering column so bad that i can't get the key in to start it, so it's now undriveable.

That just sucks.. your poor Jeep...

Just out of curiosity, did you do much wheeling with it? How did the body get damaged?
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That just sucks.. your poor Jeep...

Just out of curiosity, did you do much wheeling with it? How did the body get damaged?

TAG for Keen to explain the roll over story
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top