Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 9:36:29 AM EDT
I'd like somehing in Hampton Roads, but i'll go all the way to Fredericksburg if i have to.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of work do you need on your Para?

Bob Eurena (not sure of the spelling of his last name) of Antique & Modern Firearm Repair does work on a lot of different types of guns.  Prices are very competitive and turn around time is extremely quick (depending on the type of work you need done, he usually can do it while you wait or may take a couple of days).

Antique & Modern Firearm Repair
6055 Providence Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
757-361-0311

Bill (of The Armory) may be able to help you out, but he's extremely back logged from the last time I talked to him.

-Doc
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, i think something brokeded in it...

It's an older model LDA single stack full size, and it just went "ping" one day and it is no longer LDA, but single action.  I'm not too knowledgeable about 1911's and i know nothing about LDAs, i do know better than to try to fiddle with it myself.  I've been told LDAs do this from time to time and need trigger parts replaced because they are fragile and wear overtime.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Give Bob a call.  He's done work on my 1911s (sights, trigger jobs, etc.).  He's very knowledgeable in respects to the 1911.  He can order the parts for you, too.

- Doc

ETA - He's has an FFL as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not just contact Para?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]
i suppose i could do that as well, i've just never shipped a firearm back to a manufacturer and i suppose i'm a bit leery of it.  how do you go about it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Charlie at Ashland Firearm Service may be able to help,

sorry but i lost my contact #,,

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Just take a trip down to Para's repair facility near Knoxville.  When I live in TN I called them up, the smith met me on a weekend, installed new sights, gave my P13 a tune up, and replaced a firing pin.  All free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top