Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 4:30:41 AM EDT
I have recently joined the 'site' and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 28 year resident of Fairfax County and only recently received my introduction to the Black Rifle.

Growing up in the hills of East TN, my experiences with firearms were limited to a .410 during early squirrel season, a .22 towards the end and a 20 guage for rabbits.  I never served in the military and am not a law enforcement officer.

A couple of years ago I took a handgun course and consequently purchased my first firearm since my youth (I no longer have any of those guns).  Work has kept me pretty much occupied in the interval but I get to the range (usually Blue Ridge) when I can.  In April, I received my intro to the Ar-15 on a Sunday afternoon in Manassas (Fairfax Rod and Gun).  I finally purchased one in August and have yet to get the time to fire it.  

I currently live in Clifton, not far from Izaak Walton (close enough to hear the firing there when occupied with those necessary lawn and other outdoor chores) and in addition to joining that Chapter I have also become a life member of the NRA.  

Obviously, I don't get to shoot nearly enough and my experiences are very limited...but one has to start somewhere.  

I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on this forum and look forward to having more time to devote to my new hobby.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board, their is a great wealth of knowledge here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Welcome aboard, we need more NRA life members here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome!

Danny
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome...I just joined myself.  Love it here...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the board.   This place becomes like crack after a while.   I get the shakes if I do not look on EE and the AR/AK ammo forums at least 2-3 times a day.   I would advise against ever clicking on the Equipment Exchage tab!

Where did you grow up in Eastern TN?   I spent the first 18 years of my life in Bristol VA.   God's country down there!  Can't wait to get back there and away from this flat country one day.    

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I grew up in a little 'burg' known as the city between the lakes (Cherokee and Douglas); Morristown.

My father is from Bluff City and since I left M'Town he and Mom have moved back to the area; they currently reside just across the road (Bristol address) from the Bristol Motor Speedway (which gives them a lot to look forward to twice a year).  My sister lives just over a couple of hills from the back of the racetrack in a Bluff City community called Walnut Grove; my Dad grew up in Chinquapin.  Of more importance, sis's home is just 5 minutes from the Ridgewood, home of the best barbecue in the world.  I've been going there my whole life and am anxiously awaiting my next visit at Thanksgiving.  head

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

they currently reside just across the road (Bristol address) from the Bristol Motor Speedway (which gives them a lot to look forward to twice a year).  

Selling parking spots for BIR!  

We were not too far apart then.   I was on the VA side in Washington county between Bristol and Abingdon.  
True about the land.    Man could find 20-30 acres down there back in some "holler" and have a nice place to live.    
You stop much at Volunteer Guns on your way in?   I have not been in there in years.   they have anything good?

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
here to welcome you and give you and assignment .....

Get thee to the range!

There, you've been told.  I feel like one of those drug dealers that gives stuff, only to get someone hooked ...  except I'm not dealing BR's  or bullets, or clp,  Ok  guess that doesn't really make sense

But seriously,  go shoot!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome!  <--my first animation haha

I'm pretty new too, but I already feel at home
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually there is some light at the end of the tunnel and I hope to get some sembalance of a normal life back soon...to include time for just that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotta be careful, even today, in some of those hollers up around Hickory Creek.

I've been by that location plenty of times but since I've gotten somewhat hooked on this crazy new hobby; I haven't had a chance to get by.  I'll try and scout it out for ya in a few....though my 'rookie' status may not yield much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top