Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 9:21:56 PM EDT
I was musing today about how nice it would be if my next pistol had an appealling logo on it ... a symbol which signified my general support of law-enforcement or the military.  Years ago, SIGARMS -- my pistol of choice -- had a model that was engraved with the logo of either one of Special Forces Groups or Special Operations Command.  I passed on an opportunity to buy one of these pistols, because at the time I was troubled by appearing to be a poser.

Then my mind wandered, and started to think about pistols I probably would never buy, such as a Glock 19:

And logos such as the shield of a law-enforcement agency where one lives, or where one vacations, like Virginia Beach:

I thought to myself, "Self, if one could find a pistol with a logo of one's hometown or home-state police department or sheriff's office, that might be pleasing to look at and fire."  Ruminating further I considered the wording of the riddle that is the suject of this post.

I thought such a pistol might look like following image, which I appropriated from this page, which also contains some interesting text.

Talk about serendipity or coincidence ... It almost boggles the mind. Finding a picture that answered the riddle I was pondering, and similar to what I had envisioned. It's a shame that the "problem" SIG 220s from Henrico County a couple of years ago weren't crafted that way, and present somewhere on the internet.

Moderators.  To conform with the AR15.com Code of Conduct, I have constructed this post more whimsically than is my wont.  If my attempt to skirt the prohibition on advertising and selling in forums outside of the Equipment Exchange has proven to be unsuccessful, feel free to delete this post ... and I'll bear the intimated censure silently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top