Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 4:52:11 PM EDT
What kind of person desiring to represent the public could say this about a fellow citizen?

"Jane Fonda can kiss my ass. I wouldn't go across the street to watch her slit her wrist."
--Jim Webb

If he's that vicious he couldn't possibly care about children either.

ETA: sarcastic symbols
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You would think that he could at least go across the street and watch.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What'ya mean?  That a great quote.  It's about only thing he's ever said  that would cause me to vote for FOR him.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I applaud the quote as well.  Jane Fonda is a traitor.  She should have been tried and hung/shot.  I'd be worried about any soldier who didn't feel this way....

PS - you're supposd to put a smiley face in your post if you're being sarcastic  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You would think that he could at least go across the street and watch.  

Yeah, I'd even pay to see that show myself!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Funny, now he seems to be bedfellows with the Jane Fonda types.  He seems to have no problem with John Kerry and BJ Clinton stumping for him.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Funny, now he seems to be bedfellows with the Jane Fonda types.  He seems to have no problem with John Kerry and BJ Clinton stumping for him.  

Think he'd repeat that to Jane now? Bet he wouldn't.

Saw him last night trying to defend his filthy writings as journalism: he saw it, his job was to record it. BS!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
My father voted Democrat most of his life (voted for Bush though), protested Vietnam, was in the March on the Pentagon, etc, and he'd happily put a round through Jane Fonda.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
When a candidate won't read excerpts of his book on WTOP, there's a problem.

I need to go query some local Cambodians and ask them if they, er, do that thing. . . .
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When a candidate won't read excerpts of his book on WTOP, there's a problem.

I need to go query some local Cambodians and ask them if they, er, do that thing. . . .

I actually read one of his books a few years ago, a novel about an American on MacArthur's staff in Japan. Took place there and in Manila. Not bad.  Some geisha sex but no perversion.  

I'm voting for Allen; Webb is not friendly to the AR-15's and AK's I have in my old town Alexandria home.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Voting for Allen as well, although not thrilled about it.  Yes, he's pretty solid on gun issues, but when he opens his mouth lately he comes across like an inarticulate imbecile.  I know he's a smart guy, but you can't tell by the way this campaign has gone.  

As much as I admire Mr. Webb for his service to the nation I can't get past his calling himself a centrist while embracing the liberal wing of the Democratic party and his statements that while he's pro-gun (he tells everyone he has a carry permit, like that makes him pro-RKBA) he is on record that he would support a renewal of the AWB.

If the Republican party was smart (and in VA I have to wonder if they actually know HOW to run a campaign), instead of this silliness about what's in Webb's novels they should just keep running ads of nothing but video of Hillary when she was up in NOVA campaigning for Webb.  No one brings out the Republicans like Hillary.  

If the Republicans big weapon against Webb was to quote from his novels, then I think we'll be watching Mr. Webb getting sworn in for the next Congress.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top