Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:51:02 AM EDT

Ever wanted to see an accessory before you decided to buy it? Wished you could compare an AipPoint to an EoTech, or a Troy rail to a LaRue side by side?

We're going to have an AR Nite at Gilberts on Monday the 30th of October. Festivities will start at 7:00PM. If you have a build and want to show it off bring it in, high tec or retro, all are welcome. Or maybe your thinking about your first rifle, come in and get a chance to handle many diffrent variations to help you make your decision.  

Those of us who work there will have all our builds, thats about 8 diffrent rifles. Matt Donohue from Matt D Tactical will be there with his rifles, this guy has some seriously neat stuff.

Anyway, it's going to be an AR-Fest, we hope to see you there! Post a note below if you plan on coming, see you Monday.

Tim
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Some of my family and I will drop by.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
can you shoot .223 at Gilberts?
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 7:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not before the trap rebuild...wonder if that has changed??
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm sorry to say we can't. The backstop could handle it but our overhead baffles would have to be redone and the roof of the building reinforced for the extra weight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry to say we can't. The backstop could handle it but our overhead baffles would have to be redone and the roof of the building reinforced for the extra weight.

Gottcha. Put a new build together and havent had a chance to see if it works yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I'm going to try to be there, seeing as how I am a total newbie who is curious about damn near everything.  I'm moving into an apartment in Arlington the day after this, so i'll be one of y'all soon
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow, I'm going to try to be there, seeing as how I am a total newbie who is curious about damn near everything.  I'm moving into an apartment in Arlington the day after this, so i'll be one of y'all soon

Hope you can make it, you'll get to see and handle a lot of gear in one place that the average shooter/enthusiast sees on the net, but seldom up close.

For those who don't know were we are call 703 550 8005 for directions. Don't trust MapQuest, it WILL get you lost!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Tim,
What time will this end?  

Robb said he may come by with a few of his builds.  But he doesn't get off work until 7pm in Manassas.  He'll see if he can leave a little earlier or right at 7pm.

He would be bringing two of his SBRs, my Noveske, his 3 gun rifle and a few suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tim,
What time will this end?  

Robb said he may come by with a few of his builds.  But he doesn't get off work until 7pm in Manassas.  He'll see if he can leave a little earlier or right at 7pm.

He would be bringing two of his SBRs, my Noveske, his 3 gun rifle and a few suppressors.

We close at 10:00 so everyone is free to stay till then. Staff will start focusing on other things around 9:00 or so.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Wish I could make it, I have some that might be of interest....

Monday's are bad, in general, but for me more specifically.

Maybe I'll catch the next one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wish I could make it, I have some that might be of interest....

Monday's are bad, in general, but for me more specifically.

Maybe I'll catch the next one.

Unfourtunately monday is the night that most of the multiple AR owners at Gilberts are all at work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
ROCK AND ROLL
Matt D

deleted advert. must be paying dealer to advertise on this board.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Hope to see you all there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I wound up not being able to come, but would be incredibly interested in coming to an evening like this in the future!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you going to do it again?  I have a SBR and some variant I can bring..... man I found out about this too late!

Hopefully we can do it again soon!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#17]
my eyes are all fukt up so I couldn't come.  no way no how.  This is the second week this year that I've been completely out of commission due to some allergy I can't identify.

The good news is that the right combination of claritan-D, sudafed, triaminic and certain anti-depressants makes me sleep like a freaking baby at night, though I do think I'm a gorilla in a clown suit all day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are you going to do it again?  I have a SBR and some variant I can bring..... man I found out about this too late!

Hopefully we can do it again soon!

Another event will be planned for sometine in early December. The first hour was a little slow but from 8:00 - 9:00 things were pretty crowded. Since those of us who work there are all rocket scientists NONE of us remembered to bring a camera, so no pics, doh!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top