Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2006 9:57:53 AM EDT
I am about to send in another set of Supressor paperwork.  It's been a few months and I got my approval from Lt. Tracy I think.  Last time I sent it in I walked in.  6weeks later I got a notice my application was not complete and to try again.  I then mailed everything complete back to Tracy and in 4 weeks got my approval.  So I would rather mail it.  I just want to make sure I am mailing it to the right person.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes our CLEO is still Lt. Tracy w/ Internal Affairs.

Congrats on your new purchase, I too am dropping some forms off this week for some SBR's!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes our CLEO is still Lt. Tracy w/ Internal Affairs.

Congrats on your new purchase, I too am dropping some forms off this week for some SBR's!

Congrats!

Cool, thanks!

YHM Wraith 9mm Supressor and I think I will throw in the SBR paperwork for my Uzi carbine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
6 weeks WTF  in prince William the longest i had to Waite was a 8 days
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
6 weeks WTF  in prince William the longest i had to Waite was a 8 days

Fairfax does a background check every time.  I think it's the same check they do for CCW permit.  Even though I have a CCW permit, they do the check again.

Here is the real kicker to piss you off.  I sent on one copy, they DID the background check. 6 weeks later I got it in the mail saying they need 2 copies, and when I send it back they will need to do the check again.  So I sent two copies, 4 weeks later I got the approval.

But you know what.  I'm just happy they approve.  They could be pricks and just say no.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
one time i dropped off 2 on a Tuesday and guess what was in my mailbox on Fridayman ffx sucks
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
one time i dropped off 2 on a Tuesday and guess what was in my mailbox on Fridayman ffx sucks

Lucky mine took 5 weeks in Fairfax last time, 2 weeks the time before
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
My SBR application, which was my first NFA application, took one week exactly at Fairfax.  Pretty good as far as a I am concerned.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My SBR application, which was my first NFA application, took one week exactly at Fairfax.  Pretty good as far as a I am concerned.

hmmmm.  Well the mail man just took it. And it's address directly to Lt. James Tracy.  Lets see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought it says in Federal Law that they have 15 business days to complete the CLEO signoff.  I know mine are always postmarked on that 15th day after I hand it in.

Time to pull out the laws.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I thought it says in Federal Law that they have 15 business days to complete the CLEO signoff.  I know mine are always postmarked on that 15th day after I hand it in.

Time to pull out the laws.

Interesting....  It's 45 days for CCW permit.  But I have never heard about a CLEO signoff on ATF paperwork deadline.  In fact since it's their discretion to tell me to go to hell and not even sign it, I would find it odd if there was a 15 day thing.

Let us know if you find it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top