Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 12:38:49 PM EDT
Here is the link to the full story on www.washingtonpost.com

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/12/AR2006041201892.html

In short, it appears that "hundreds of gay and lesbian parents, some from across the country, are planning to line up overnight tomorrow to get tickets to the 128-year-old Washington ritual Monday, to blanket the White House lawn with a realistic mosaic of their families."  

Quote by Petula Dvorak
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 13, 2006; Page B03

Look - I usually have a Libertarian/Republican take on politics & culture and I could care less what two adults of the same sex want to do in the privacy of their own home - and I expect them to respect my right to own & carry firearms.

But hijacking this historical event goes beyond appropriate expression of "freedom" and straight into the realm of "political stunt". They are hijacking this traditional event to make their point by beating everyone over the head with their message.  How fair is that?!?! Moreover, how many of those gay parents - who would dare to hijack this event - would support MY rights such as firearms ownership?  Other than the token gay group the "Pink Pistols" and a few members of the tiny gay republican group "Log Cabin Republicans" - I am willing to bet that those people who will be at the White House this Sunday would happily see us all disarmed a-la Japan's draconian laws.  Look what the chief spokesman for "gay families", Rosie O'Donnel, did to Tom Selek over his support for the NRA (-she embarrased the guy on national TV and slandered the NRA).

The event is supposed to be "for children" - and instead its going to be "about gays".  That's really nice;  utilize an inocent kids' event for your own political gain.

So, here is a thought:  let's find out when/where the next "gay family picnic" in Virginia is going to be held; then, let's see how they react to a VCDL "Open Carry Picnic" held that same day at that same park; hey - its our RIGHT isn't it?; there is no reason for us to hide "in the closet" or under cover/concealment; lets just hijack their event and force OUR ideas down THEIR throats.  Politics can really piss me off sometimes.

<soap box mode off>

CBR

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is the world being hijacked by queers?  I sick of it being on my TV, movies, in the news and on the White House Mall.  Be queer all you want be keep your sexuality behind closed doors just like the rest of us do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm all for walking around the 'gay picnic' with a big group of holsters.  These people need to realize how they come across when they do stuff like this....While I personally find it immoral and quite frankly disgusting, I respect the rights of homosexuals to live as they please, but I don't appreciate their agenda ruining events that should be "apolitical" in nature.....Where's the picnic?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top