Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:36:28 AM EDT
Hey everybody, just wanted to give y'all a little update about one of our VA members ReelVirginian1861.  The poor fellow's busted up.  He was out in the yard a couple months back and stepped in a hole his dogs dug.  He hurt his knee bad and needed surgery to repair it.  The operation was back in early March and he's still recovering.  The good news is, he's in good spirits considering he can't really do all that much right now.  He's a tough old boy so I've got no doubt he'll bounce back from this setback.  If you all wouldn't mind saying a prayer or two for him I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  

Here's to a speedy recovery pal!  MJD
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I was wondering why I haven't seen him post in a while.  Hope he gets better soon.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that explains why he's been so scarce.  Hope you feel better soon RV.  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
YEAH! I'M BACK! PART II, THE SEQUEL!!!

I sure appreciate the nice kind words, today is the second day I've been
out and about. Well, hobblin' around, really. My wife, Mrs. RV, wouldn't let
me hurt her crazy hole digging puppy, so he's still here, alive and well and
still digging holes.

I haven't been on ARFCOM in so long I got kicked off! Yeah, my prespiration expired
is what it says. Shame on me.

Believe it or not, as much as I played this hurt thing up, it really worked out
good. Mrs. RV has been so nice to me, fixing whatever I wanted to eat, bringing
me little treats, letting me keep the remote control and all kinds of nice things. It
made being in drydock worthwhile.

I even asked her one night (real sissy and moany and whiney like): "Honey Bun, maybe if I
got a new rifle it would give me some kind of reason to get well faster, you know,
something to aim for..." But she didn't fall for that.

Well thanks again for the cheers!

Y'alls Pal,

RV
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
RV, Sad to hear a puppy kicked your ass, but I'm happy to hear you are recovering. Godspeed.

Bobby_the_Yankee_Hun
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Now that's funny! Even if it is from a yankee boy!

PS: My daughter got moved to NJ with her job. I tried to load her up with guns and knives
and get her some Grasshopper Kung Fu lessons but she wouldn't go for it. All I do is
worry about her being up there with those people!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Aye, aye, Sir!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm just a nublet around here, but my mother got laid up with a knee injury a few years back (ACL?  PCL?  one of the two) so I know how tough it can be.  Nice to see you back up and around, I look forward to getting a chance to  converse with you on these forums.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I think you have to ask permission to speak to us if you are a new guy. That's what they did to me. And also, you have to swear on a case of beer that you are not now, never have been, and never will be a ZOMBIE!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

PS: My daughter got moved to NJ with her job. I tried to load her up with guns and knives
and get her some Grasshopper Kung Fu lessons but she wouldn't go for it. All I do is

Jobs are about the only positive aspect of NJ. What city or town is she working and living in. As long as she stays close to her co-workers or friends, she'll be fine. There are good arfcommers up here who can help her out if she needs anything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think you have to ask permission to speak to us if you are a new guy. That's what they did to me. And also, you have to swear on a case of beer that you are not now, never have been, and never will be a ZOMBIE!

Psha.

Number 1: Mister Colt made us all equal.
Number 2: I am not you.
Number 3: I'm too young for beer.
Number 4: Oh noes!  Zombehs! -hides-
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jobs are about the only positive aspect of NJ. What city or town is she working and living in. As long as she stays close to her co-workers or friends, she'll be fine. There are good arfcommers up here who can help her out if she needs anything.

She's in hoboken on river street. Nice place I hear. Maybe I should relocate to hoboken? Can I bring my toys too? You are a Confederate yankee though, aren't you? Don't you and John live in the South of jersey? Did you notice how the only words that get capital letters are Real Proper Words?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psha. Now that's Irish for sure!

Number 1: Mister Colt made us all equal.
Number 2: I am not you. and you are a lucky lad too!
Number 3: I'm too young for beer. I'm sorry, you don't have to drink it though, just swear on it.
Number 4: Oh noes!  Zombehs! -hides-

Yes, they are somewhat problematic, but these fine ARFCOM fellows schooled me all about them, thus I no longer fear ZOMBIES!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm still considering my first firearms purchase, and it's 17 days (give or take) to my 18th birthday, so I've got 17 more days of fearing the badguys, zombies, and politicos who want to take my rights.  I'm certain that I'll be cured of my fear of zombies soon after my first purchase.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hoboken? I wouldn't wish Hoboken on my worst enemies.

Just kidding. Hoboken used to be a real shithole, but they've gone a long way sprucing the place up. It really isn't bad, but it is expensive to live in that area. The worst thing you'll have to worry about, is if she comes home with a Yankee.

hoboken still is what you said, methinks. She drives one and a half hours each way to work, at the stinking airport, JFK or one of those in ny. Is that nuts? 3 hours a day driving like forty miles?

On the other point: SHE WOULD NOT COME HOME, and that goes double if the guy is an I.... I can't say it.... well, if the guy ain't one of us: IRISH! You know the gang I'm thinking of, they talk funny, and there's lots of movies about them, but they do eat real good food that nobody can spell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#18]
ReelVirginian1861

Southern Accent> Welcome back Suh, <Southern Accent

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm still considering my first firearms purchase, and it's 17 days (give or take) to my 18th birthday, so I've got 17 more days of fearing the badguys, zombies, and politicos who want to take my rights.  I'm certain that I'll be cured of my fear of zombies soon after my first purchase.

Oh Goody! Another young mind we can help develop! Where are you located? Where do you shoot?
Have you been to any of our social functions yet? What are you thinking of purchasing? I'm sure anyone here will be glad to help you if you need it. Just holler!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
ReelVirginian1861

Southern Accent> Welcome back Suh, <Southern Accent

Aye matey, ye land lubber! (Pirate accent with parrott on shoulder)

Shiver me magazines (Pirate accent with AR-15)

I hope we can do another Blastfest and get together, maybe in May? My cousin just finished building a swell BBar-B-Que cooker last week. I think I'll hobble over the dam this morning, take a pic of it to post. Then ask if anyone has any idea on what we could do with such a unit...

highwayman was cooking up a plan for us but I haven't spoken with him about any final set in concrete dates. When are you available, say from, May to mid June?

Matter of fact, when is anyone available for a Blastfest II, The Sequel?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad to see you're back to posting RV.  I'll be perfectly fine helping you out with Blastfest II in any way I can.  Things might be getting a tad interesting soon.  I'm leaving my DC job in 5 days with nothing on the other end.  Sounds foolish huh, but I had to get out before I said something bad to the wrong person and got myself fired.  I might wind up working with our pal Druffick before too long.  We'll see.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Glad to see you back RV ,
Now fess up ,you didnt step in a puppy hole ,you really hurt your self trying to do some of the dance moves off of MTV Jams.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Glad to see you're back to posting RV.  I'll be perfectly fine helping you out with Blastfest II in any way I can.  Things might be getting a tad interesting soon.  I'm leaving my DC job in 5 days with nothing on the other end.  Sounds foolish huh, but I had to get out before I said something bad to the wrong person and got myself fired.  I might wind up working with our pal Druffick before too long.  We'll see.  MJD

Ahoy! Come alongside Matey! Yeah, finally I can sit up a while and com-pu-tate. It hurts my leg after a while though. I did some farming the last two days and I'm real sore now and debating if I ought to go do some more, or sit here and get stiffer.

It would be swell you working with druffick, that way if I end up in there you two can sneak me candy and nudie magazines and not tear up my pin up girls.

I wouldn't worry about those folks, you have to do what is best for you. As long as you can survive UNTIL your next ship you'll do just fine. It helps the mind's clarity in pondering if it is unobstructed by such distractions as petty workplace personas yakking in your ears too! Besides, then you'll be off more and can play some too!

I'm goinna walk across the dam now and take a pic of the marvelous cooker my cousin made. You ought to see this unit! Man, that boy is talented with a torch and steel!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Now fess up ,you didnt step in a puppy hole ,you really hurt your self trying to do some of the dance moves off of MTV Jams.

Now this ain't right! I gave you 50 bucks to keep that quiet!

How is everything with you and your pal. I saw him over Christmas at the Fire station, I was with a mutual friend who used to be on the S.C. volunteer dept. They were cooking Brunswick stew. Did you drive your jeep in the parade? Matter of fact, that week is the last time I was out and about with a regular leg! Wow! It's been like three months? YIKES!!!!

Nice to hear from you, oh and be advised: I'm going to be putting LOTS of WW II stuff on ebay this week. So if you two guys want to look at it before hand, let me know ASAP. I got some beauties.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is everything with you and your pal. I saw him over Christmas at the Fire station, I was with a mutual friend who used to be on the S.C. volunteer dept. They were cooking Brunswick stew. Did you drive your jeep in the parade? Matter of fact, that week is the last time I was out and about with a regular leg! Wow! It's been like three months? YIKES!!!!

Nice to hear from you, oh and be advised: I'm going to be putting LOTS of WW II stuff on ebay this week. So if you two guys want to look at it before hand, let me know ASAP. I got some beauties.

NOOOO!  Do not put that stuff on Ebay!  Put it here in the EE.  Your militaria is part of history and should not be demeaned by listing it on a commie-run, liberal-lovin', auction site.  Oh, and hang on to that FN 30-06, I might want to buy some of that off you.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Oh Goody! Another young mind we can help develop! Where are you located? Where do you shoot?
Have you been to any of our social functions yet? What are you thinking of purchasing? I'm sure anyone here will be glad to help you if you need it. Just holler!

I dunno that y'all be able to help any.  I'm stubborn, obstinate, and fairly set in my ways.

I'm up in the Fairfax County area, and my friend tells me Blue Ridge Arsenal and Bull Run are a couple of good local ranges.  I haven't shot in years; not since I was in Shooting Sports in 4H out in Kalistan, so I'm fairly out of it.  Haven't been to any of the local Arfcom functions, but it seems like Arfcom members are pretty abundant here in NoVA.

Around the top of my list are getting a good plinker/target .22 and getting something for home defense.  Shotguns have been heavily recommended to me, and I've been looking at maybe getting an 870, but I just don't feel much of the "shotgun love."  I'd prefer a pistol-calibre carbine, and I'm currently trying to get a straight answer out of the .gov as to whether or not .45 ACP counts as handgun ammunition when I use it in a longarm.  So I've been looking at the Remington 870, Ruger 10/22, Rhineland Arms R22, Beretta Cx4, and a couple others as possibilities.  I'm hoping to get the cash together for a Leitner-Wise Gas Piston Operated 7.62x51 AR when those come around.  Another three years and I'll be 21; then it'll be time for a Springfield 1911.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Around the top of my list are getting a good plinker/target .22 and getting something for home defense.  Shotguns have been heavily recommended to me, and I've been looking at maybe getting an 870, but I just don't feel much of the "shotgun love."  I'd prefer a pistol-calibre carbine, and I'm currently trying to get a straight answer out of the .gov as to whether or not .45 ACP counts as handgun ammunition when I use it in a longarm.  So I've been looking at the Remington 870, Ruger 10/22, Rhineland Arms R22, Beretta Cx4, and a couple others as possibilities.  I'm hoping to get the cash together for a Leitner-Wise Gas Piston Operated 7.62x51 AR when those come around.  Another three years and I'll be 21; then it'll be time for a Springfield 1911.

Even if the .gov tells you it's rifle ammunition when used in a rifle, try convincing the local retailers.  I doubt that will be an easy proposition.  Heck, I had trouble getting an AR when I was 20 "because it had a pistol grip and was therefore considered a pistol."  That is not a joke.  A dealer in Prince William county told me that.  Darksun did too.  
I took up reloading when I was 19 or 20 to get around the retailers.  You can buy components from most places at 18 and assemble them into loaded ammunition yourself.  I'm not necessarily advising this as I'm not sure posession of handgun ammunition is technically legal under 21, but that's what I did.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOOOO!  Do not put that stuff on Ebay!  Put it here in the EE.  Your militaria is part of history and should not be demeaned by listing it on a commie-run, liberal-lovin', auction site.  Oh, and hang on to that FN 30-06, I might want to buy some of that off you.  MJD

tell us more about the WWII stuff and what ebay id to look for!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you serious? This stuff is mostly for a collector and worth way more than a shooter would want to pay. I just don't think it will more on the EE. What do you all think? WW II stuff, like webbing, ammo belts, helmets, German helmet, junk like that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#30]
He told me he ran into you . Me and him were in to parades with his jeep . I try to keep mine off the road much as posible but some times you got to hit the asphalt to get to the dirt .
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell us more about the WWII stuff and what ebay id to look for!!

IM me or email. Mostly Garand Springfield ammo belts, packs, bandoleers, canteens, helmets, German helmet, etc. If someone really really wants an item I will stop the ebay auction. I will post the info here for you all.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#32]
RV, sorry to hear about your accident.  Please don't shoot the dog.
Good to hear that you are doing well now.
Take care and get better quick.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's in hoboken on river street. Nice place I hear. Maybe I should relocate to hoboken? Can I bring my toys too? You are a Confederate yankee though, aren't you? Don't you and John live in the South of jersey? Did you notice how the only words that get capital letters are Real Proper Words?

Hoboken She's way , way NORTH of me by 2 plus hours. Pretty crowded up there too. Hope she's happy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoboken She's way , way NORTH of me by 2 plus hours. Pretty crowded up there too. Hope she's happy.

Bobby, I think it's more of a case trying to keep her job. The company she works for thinks their people are in the army or something. They just move where and when they want. She'll be there for at least 2 years. That could destroy a beautiful Southern girl too! Hey, serious, thanks for the offer to help her anyway!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quote]

Oh, Bobby, it's confession time. I actually lived in Bayonne when I was a kid! ehhh? Yeah, it's true! You know that movie about the black guy who went to diving school with Robert DeNero? Well my dad was the Captain of a navy diving, salvage & rescue ship and the navy sent him to diving school when that black guy was there.

Now how about that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
ReelVirginian1861:  Your leg may be f'ed up but I am glad to see that you are in good spirits.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
ReelVirginian1861:  Your leg may be f'ed up but I am glad to see that you are in good spirits.

VT, there's nothing like being laid up to bring out the impishness in anyone. I feel like I've been on a desert Island since Christmas. It's a treat to be able to sit here and harass someone besides Mrs. RV!

I hope you're doing well and can make our
BLASTFEST II, THE SEQUEL: BLACK GUNS FROM HELL!!!

HEY, ARE YOU GONNA BRING ANY OF THAT BEER I CAN'T SPELL?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:07:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

VT, there's nothing like being laid up to bring out the impishness in anyone. I feel like I've been on a desert Island since Christmas. It's a treat to be able to sit here and harass someone besides Mrs. RV!

I hope you're doing well and can make our
BLASTFEST II, THE SEQUEL: BLACK GUNS FROM HELL!!!

HEY, ARE YOU GONNA BRING ANY OF THAT BEER I CAN'T SPELL?

I don't know, it will depend on when y'all decide to have it.  If it is in May then that is already booked up for me, the first weekend I will be heading off to Texas to go to the Hun Farm and goof off a few days with the Texas/Oklahoma crew and try to spread the joy and satisfaction of a cold Yuengling beer  Then there is the last day of spring turkey season and memorial day weekend which I already have plans for as well.  Seems like more and more these days there is ALWAYS something going on.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

quote]

Oh, Bobby, it's confession time. I actually lived in Bayonne when I was a kid! ehhh? Yeah, it's true! You know that movie about the black guy who went to diving school with Robert DeNero? Well my dad was the Captain of a navy diving, salvage & rescue ship and the navy sent him to diving school when that black guy was there.

Now how about that?

Bayonne, eh !  So you had to cross this baby more than once. Does it bring back memories
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#40]
BlastFest II A nice opp to bring down some yankee chiggers.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:08:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your "getaway stick" RV. Just hollar if you need anything.

Hey pal! Great to hear from you. We're cooking up another "Celebration of Flying Lead" and I hope you can make it.

Check this unit out my cousin just finished:

And look in this picture, can you see the big fat target on the stump, right above the branches?

Last of all, here are the criminals that put me in dry dock. You remember these boys, don't you?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:33:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
At least they didn't try to run you over again.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/u352/DrivinDog.jpg

Now THAT is funny! I forgot about that picture you took.  

Hey, what does your Palm Pilot have penciled in for May through June?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#45]
ReelVirginian1861

Arrr yeh sea farin scoundrel,

Ye be jestin about yer leg to the lads, tell em the truth and  how ye were swingin fron the yard arms off the coast of Hydra Island and singin songs of old whist filled with the devils grog.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
ReelVirginian1861

Ye be jestin about yer leg to the lads, tell em the truth and  how ye were swingin fron the yard arms off the coast of Hydra Island and singin songs of old whist filled with the devils grog.

LRT, you crack me up.  Ye have a way with words matey.  MJD
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
ReelVirginian1861

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Tis true me Lads, the Freebooter had been in the mast and his last words were,

Avast ye!

Hold me Grog and watch this!

Such a Picaroon tis he.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Tis true me Lads, the Freebooter had been in the mast and his last words were,

Avast ye!

Hold me Grog and watch this!

Such a Picaroon tis he.

"AYE!" (slurs RV as he gluttonly gulps grog whilst his shouldered pet parrott hones it's tiny cutlass and grins anticipating more looting, pilaging and other such pirate activities)

"AYE, AYE!" Belay that beer no one can spell! Keel haul them those who swill the unspellable! To the plank with them offend the grog swillers!" (RV rants as he scors the poop deck in quest of more grog)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even if the .gov tells you it's rifle ammunition when used in a rifle, try convincing the local retailers.  I doubt that will be an easy proposition.  Heck, I had trouble getting an AR when I was 20 "because it had a pistol grip and was therefore considered a pistol."  That is not a joke.  A dealer in Prince William county told me that.  Darksun did too.  
I took up reloading when I was 19 or 20 to get around the retailers.  You can buy components from most places at 18 and assemble them into loaded ammunition yourself.  I'm not necessarily advising this as I'm not sure posession of handgun ammunition is technically legal under 21, but that's what I did.  MJD

I think possessing if you only own a pistol caliber carbine is legal, though thats just from what i've gathered and the voices in my head are telling me. although i do know that a lot of the time at wally world, if you buy pistol ammo, they'll ask if it's for a rifle or a handgun, at least in my experience.

Oh, and get well soon Real, hope to meetcha someday. word of advice on the knee injury, if it's swollen up bad still, put a cold pad on it for 10 min., hit it with heat for 10, and hten cold pad again for 10, it'll pump all the liqiuids and gooiness out. sounds like hooey but from one knee-injured virginian to another, it works real good!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top