Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 1:53:44 PM EDT
This guy is setting up a protest on the capital steps in Richmond in response to the immigration issue.  If anyone is interested, here is his contact info. I never get into this kind of stuff but might have to get my butt off the sofa for it.  I heard it on 1140 WRVA this afternoon on the way home from work.

here's his number -- his name is tim 769-0587

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the issue?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I was unaware that we have an immigration problem here.

I AM aware that we have a large number of immigrants.

Please explain further.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
More than likely the issue of .gov wanting to allow amnesty to 10's of millions of illegal immigrants

spence it's not an illegal immigration issue, not legal immigration.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was unaware that we have an immigration problem here.

I AM aware that we have a large number of immigrants.

Please explain further.

Hint: How many of them are illegal immigrants?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
More than likely the issue of .gov wanting to allow amnesty to 10's of millions of illegal immigrants

spence it's not an illegal immigration issue, not legal immigration.

It’s a counter to the protests we saw at the start of the week out west.  Something to let .gov know we want our borders protected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If this protest is in response to Illegal Immigration then it should be refered to as such.

"in response to the immigration issue" should be "in response to the Illegal Immigration Issue"

There is a WORLD of difference.

That said I know we have a problem with Illegals here. I cannot count the number of times I saw fake SS cards or even people using someone elses SS card when I was hiring employees.

Before I was doing the hiring, one hispanic lady even used a childs SS card(a boy) and the previoud HR manager didnt catch it....

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Federal .gov gives the (estimated) 12 MILLION illegals in our country amnesty/citizenship, they, as a whole will be a larger population than all but FOUR of our states.

Viirginia as a whole only has  ~7 million people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top