Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:11:26 PM EDT
It's on sale for $4.29 a box March 31st  through April 2nd.  Is that a good price?

If it is, I've got first dibs on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is Green Top and what kind of reputation do they have?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where is Green Top and what kind of reputation do they have?

They've been around for years.  I've bought a few guns from them over the years and would do business with them again.

They are located just north of Richmond on route 1.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a website by chance?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do they have a website by chance?

www.greentophuntfish.com
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If you live in Central Virginia and have guns you know Greentop.... They carry more handguns than anyone else in the state.

They have a great selection, but they know it, ALWAYS do price checks on internet or other stores.

As far as customer service and satisfaction I'll give them an A
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've gone there a couple times after meeting up for FTF's in parking lot.  most of prices are regualr retail, then they'll surprise you when you see a product or ammo at a ridiculously good price!  This ammo deal sounds like one of them.  I also got my ruger there.  6 inch target adj sights Mark III 22/45 NIB for 250 out the door.  I couldn't be happier with teh service either.  They spend time on you, answer questions, really genuinely nice people too.

If Bernie (or B-shizzle ) was to god forbid close, I'd probably haul to Green Top for my toys and transfers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I love Greentops.  I have been a long time customer, so long in fact that I can remember what the old store used to look like before the addition.  They never seem to have much when it comes to EBR's but they do have reasonable prices on bolt guns, shotty's and handguns - they have a shit load of fishing and archery stuff too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I love Greentops.  I have been a long time customer, so long in fact that I can remember what the old store used to look like before the addition.  They never seem to have much when it comes to EBR's but they do have reasonable prices on bolt guns, shotty's and handguns - they have a shit load of fishing and archery stuff too.

actually for a hunting/fishing store that one rack of AR's, AK's and tac shotguns ain't half bad!  The Tactical Rack at most hunting stores I been to is an SKS. a mini 14 and an M1 carbine!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually for a hunting/fishing store that one rack of AR's, AK's and tac shotguns ain't half bad!  The Tactical Rack at most hunting stores I been to is an SKS. a mini 14 and an M1 carbine!

so you have been to blue ridge recently huh?  

greentop is a good place.  their selection reminds me of the great days when galyans was still around in fairfax--pre-dicks.  they are on us1 just south of exit 86 off i95.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I hated when Dick's took over.  Ick.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a flyer from Green Top today in the mail.

If anything good, I'll post back here.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I work relatively close to Green Top and stop in at least twice a month. It's a nice shop to go and check out different handguns, shotguns, or bolt guns. They have a great number of these in stock. They usually suck for AR's or AK's. In my opinion they are very expensive on almost everything. They were $105 higher than The Armory for the G19/G34, and did not want to deal at all. Ammo prices are very high. Most of the employees (Not all) are the typical arrogant/condescending/know it all/know  nothing gun shop type guys. I think you guys know what I mean. The only things I actually buy from them are IDPA/IPSC targets and occasionally some cleaning supplies.

Like I said, they do have a large selection of handguns, shotguns, boltguns, ammo, targets, and cleaning supplies in stock. Far more than most shops in the area. When I need something quick, I usually head to Green Top. I might end up paying more for it, but they will most likely have it in stock. I just try to avoid talking to any of the employees.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree with VA Dinger - their prices on MOST things are very high, but there are some deals to be had there. They also have EVERYTHING you could realistically expect a shop to have in stock.

I stopped by there last night, and told them I heard about a sale on the Q3131. They were really nice and offered to give me the sale price last night, even though the sale hadn't started yet officially. Two thumbs up for service there. I bought a case from them, which came to $225.xx with tax. If you check the Ammo Price thread in the Ammo forum here, you'll see that's a pretty dang good price these days.

They told me they had about 7-8 cases in the back left, plus about 2 cases on the shelf in individual boxes. I told them to expect to sell out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top