Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:12 PM EDT
Richard247 and I are trying to plan a sky dive trip for April 15th/16th in or around the Richmond area maybe.  Post here and let us know if you want to.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I am in of course.  I am flying from AZ to VA for this, folks.  Make me feel welcome with a good showing, eh?  

We can get a group discount with enough people.  It will be my firrst time as a .civ jump, so no need to worruy about experience.  We'll all do it together and get some great pics to share with Arfcom, and then share some beers together.  What say you fine commonwealth folks?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#3]
although any days i would have done this have long since passed, there are two services that I know of that are pretty good....

1)  West Point Skydiving near Richmond

and

2)  Orange Skydiving, which is about 1.5 hours from Richmond towards NoVA...if you jump here I can watch you from my porch...you will exit the aircraft practically over my house.....

CHECK CAN OF PEAS!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Wish I could.... I've always wanted to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but alas, it would be too expensive for me.......
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
No thanks. Taking off in an aircraft is optional, landing safely is mandatory. I am exercising other options. Have fun (did I say fun?).
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
And to think John Wayne starred in "The Virginian!"  

Man, you guys are making me wonder about our colonial state!  C'mon, folks...  What's to be scared of?  Think about it...

Either you get a nice smooth landing, or you hit at terminal velocity (127 MPH, IIRC).  That will break your bones into splinters in a nano-second.  You won't feel anything but the fear, and why even feel that?  Just enjoy the ride, ya know?  You can't change it, so enjoy it.

Do you not shoot because there is a sligh possibility one round is double charged and will blow the weapon up, possibly killing you?  Or carry an unloaded gun to avoid an AD?  

C'mon, people, show this AZ  punk what the VA crowd is made out of!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What kind of price are we looking at?

+1. I'm supposed to get paid shortly.

Part of me has always wanted to skydive, and actually learn how to do it and all that stuff.

Part of me has this thing about dying.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Jump is $125 for the first, which includes everything - class time (2 hours), rigging, instructor, furel, etc.

Basically, we just need to show up, listen, answer the questioniarre with a passing score (where is the rip cord?  What is a safe altitiude to drop chute?  If the instructor dies what do you do?  Etc) and then suit up, pack up, and hit the Cessna.  When we dive, the instructor controls everything.  You are strapped to him, and he both jumps and lands, and on the way down you enjoy the view while he points out altimeter differences you need to know to qual for solo.  

We're just along for the ride.  Do it 3 times, you can take a chute class and cord, saddle, etc class, and then you can solo static or pull after that.  Then it's cheaper, but you rent the chute, pay the $80 for the plane, etc.  I can not do that cause of my leg (can't land), but if I could I'd buy and pack my own chute and reserve, and buckle myself.  

All in all, $125 for a Sat or Sun at 7,000 feet, followed with a couple cold beers and pics to post here?  How you going to put a price on that?  I am having a set of leg flags made, which are allowed.  LOL, won't tell what they are till deployment, but it's good and you'll get a laugh.

Oh, and I'm paying for the jump master for pics.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jump is $125 for the first, which includes everything - class time (2 hours), rigging, instructor, furel, etc.

where is this at cuz both places i looked at in this thread said it was over 200 each?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

where is this at cuz both places i looked at in this thread said it was over 200 each?

That's what the places locally are getting.  I figured it was a standard thing across the country.  

Guess not.

OK, well, I ain't done anything fucking else right this week, what's another screw up?

Post me some linke and phone numbers, bro.  I need to get the photo jump master lined out, and am trying for a surprise for all you folks.  I just need the areas, because I have never been to VA.  With my luck, I'll book the trip to the Virgin Islands and then wonder where my airport ride is, LOL.  

Hey, any of you VA folks know the president?  Can I meet him?

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1)  West Point Skydiving near Richmond

and

2)  Orange Skydiving, which is about 1.5 hours from Richmond towards NoVA...if you jump here I can watch you from my porch...you will exit the aircraft practically over my house.....

Is there still a little restaruant across the street from the apt. called "Pizza Shanty"? I recall a few evenings over there. Glad to see both of these places still in business. West Point has a nice airport, can't miss that big triangle but I don't remember it being really close to anything without going back over the river.  I noticed you didn't list Hartwood, was that because of the atmosphere there are did the business fold?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what the places locally are getting.  I figured it was a standard thing across the country.  

Guess not.

OK, well, I ain't done anything fucking else right this week, what's another screw up?

Post me some linke and phone numbers, bro.  I need to get the photo jump master lined out, and am trying for a surprise for all you folks.  I just need the areas, because I have never been to VA.  With my luck, I'll book the trip to the Virgin Islands and then wonder where my airport ride is, LOL.  

Hey, any of you VA folks know the president?  Can I meet him?

west point skydiving is near richmond

orange skydiving is a little further than richmond i think
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Meat missiles inbound!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I went skydiving when I turned 18 and man that was teh best money I ever spent. It is honestly the greatest thrill and to debunk the myth. You dont feel like you are falling you feel like you are floating and once the chute is fully deployed. It is so peaceful adn quiet and you can see for miles. I saw all sorts of trails and I saw my house. You can also go skydiving out at the Hartwood Airport. It is in Stafford

Skydive Hartwood
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#16]
tag

if i could come up with the cash for the flight up to VA and to pay for the jump, i'd come along.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top