Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:45 PM EDT
Anyone been there. What kind of stuff do they have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Its been awhile, but they normally have a large selection of handguns (all quality levels), lots of hunting rifles, reloading components, some hunting and fishing accessories, boots, ammo, tree stands....  Think a very small everything hunting and shooting.

The problem is their prices are too damn high on everything and the customer service is lacking.  When I go into a new-to-me gun store I check out the prices on Glocks for a baseline.  Last time I was in there they wanted around $590 for a Glock 17 or 22.  That's the highest I've ever seen in VA or Michigan.

Its a decent place to kill 20 minutes if you're in the area, that's about it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They are just over the hill from Shooters; let me say up front that I run the USPSA match at Shooters.  Our friends at Dawsons cover mostly a different part of the market than Shooters does.

For example, they sell bait, fishing tackle, all sorts of hunting gear, a decent selection of reloading supplies and some firearms of many types - but more hunting guns.   I believe they also offer hunting and fishing licenses.  They may have consignment (a service Shooters recently discontiued).

Shooters offers a range that is open to the public, a Virginia CCW class, a Utah CCW class,  guns and gear suitable for CCW, gunsafes & cases, all sorts of rifles, pistol & carbines - both new & used, many antique guns, 5 types of organized competition shooting, specialized training classes incl. defensive shotgun, pistol, Scott Warren IDPA class, etc.  We do not offer fishing tackle or bait, any sort of license or many hunting supplies besides rifles. For items we do not carry, we refer people to Dawsons and they send folks to us on occasion.

We are different sorts of business that do not have a lot of overlap (though there is, inevitable some overlap). I have no comment on thier pricing policy.

Whenever I have visited Dawson's, they treated me well & were friendly.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Dawson's.  Hmm.  Depends on what you're looking for.  If you want hunting type stuff, they're fine, especially if you have an extra $100-150 to blow.  For that matter, Clark's out in Warrenton is the same way.  I have found that they have odds & ends that you can't get other places.  Heck, they still had some Remington Accelerators (.30-06 loaded with a .224 bullet and sabot, velocity 4000+) in stock last time I went.  They do have a small selection of EBR's.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its been awhile, but they normally have a large selection of handguns (all quality levels),
The problem is their prices are too damn high on everything and the customer service is lacking.  
Its a decent place to kill 20 minutes if you're in the area, that's about it.

+1

DaddyDett
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top