Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 2:02:32 PM EDT
Well here is another well done to Virginia Arms.  I dealt with GotM4 today on a transfer.  So smooth and easy.  Thanks Robb!  While we there my better half fondled several .380 pistols for a new carry gun.  Thanks for the help guys and we will be doing MORE business there.  If y'all aren't shopping at Virginia Arms, you are missing great service and selection.
A little teary eyed back story for ya--- The transfer was a .22 cal Remington bolt gun.  About 50 years ago my father bought it for me.  I thought it was lost or sold.  I found it in the spare bedroom closet at my mother's a couple of weeks ago in Oregon.  $30 packing and shipping from gun store in OR, $20 transfer fee at Virginia Arms.  Cheapest gun case for flying I could find in a small town was $100 while there.  D'OH no brainer
Anyway, I brought it home and cleaned it.  Not bad for a 50 year old gun that belonged to a dumb kid.
After saying hello and welcome home, I gave it to my wife so she can have a small part of my dad.  They never met, he died long before we were married.  
Thanks Dad, you are still the man.
Dang, something in my eye.  Gotta go.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah i love that shop.  whatever my next gun is, i will be picking it up at least there and most likely buying it from them.  the people there are real nice and helpful and will let you fondle anything.  i got to finger a civvie p90 there a couple weeks ago cause i walked in when some other guy was looking at it.

eta: they are just down the street from where i am shacked up these days which could be dangerous.  but i am asleep during most of their business hours so that helps keep my money in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived in Manassas when that stored opened, and the current owner was just a salesman.  He bought the store and it has prospered well.   Bernie has certainly trained his salesmen in good customer service.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Just out of curiosity, why did you send it through a dealer? It was your property, and if you really wanted to to a background check, you could have done it through a dealer near your mom's.

Never mind... RIF!!

But you say you got good service from Robb? I can't believe it!!! Slacker... he had the nerve to charge me for the ammo and followers I bought... some friend.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Great story!

I always enjoy shopping there, though I don't get down nearly as often as I wish.  Visited this weekend and got a friendly hello from not less than three people, including our own GotM4, and gladly spent almost $200 on ammo and a pocket holster for my new J-frame.

It is one of the few places that I don't mind just asking what they have in the item I'm looking for.  They're happy to help, have a great selection, and I don't feel pressured into buying something if it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

Plus it's one of the nicest looking stores, period.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well here is another well done to Virginia Arms.  I dealt with GotM4 today on a transfer.  So smooth and easy.  Thanks Robb!  While we there my better half fondled several .380 pistols for a new carry gun.  Thanks for the help guys and we will be doing MORE business there.  If y'all aren't shopping at Virginia Arms, you are missing great service and selection.

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm happy that you were able to find your first firearm. I'm sure it will bring back some great memories of you and your dad.

Quoted:
But you say you got good service from Robb? I can't believe it!!! Slacker... he had the nerve to charge me for the ammo and followers I bought... some friend.....

Tim (Hydguy) you're just jealous because you're a 'professional' student now.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, why did you send it through a dealer? It was your property, and if you really wanted to to a background check, you could have done it through a dealer near your mom's.

I considered mailing/sending it from me to me but the time constaints didn't allow me to package and find a shipper. (small town Oregon) Mom took it to town and for $30 they took care of everything at the store.  No hassle for either of us.  Of course I did have to make that trip to Virginia Arms and back to Alexandria.

Never mind... RIF!!

I guess Virginia Arms got that vacuum cleaner fixed, I didn't hear it anyway.  
You know the one that sucks money out of your pocket?  Last trip I didn't have parking change left in the bank.  I'm weak.
Might have just been early in the morning this time, and I am sure it will be running full throttle when I go back.  I still drive back with a smile on my mug
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tim (Hydguy) you're just jealous because you're a 'professional' student now.  

I'm fighting the liberal indoctrination of our youth!!!!! (I'm a top secret agent for a hush hush .gov agency that I cannot name...)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Ever wonder how GotM4 spends his time off? At the bottom of the attched thread are pictures of him getting some good use out of weapons from his private collection:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=222393

Good folks to deal with at VA Arms (yes - even you Robb     )

D.C. Johnson
www.shootersparadise.com
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
i went by today and miraculously walked out with only 3 boxes of ammo and one of those great $6 ammo cans.  i was unfortunate enough to see brett do a little david dance.  it was scary.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I might go check out VA Arms this weekend while I am up in that Area for that gun show. Hopefuly Robb will be there. I would like to meet him. Seems like a very Nice guy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I might go check out VA Arms this weekend while I am up in that Area for that gun show. Hopefuly Robb will be there. I would like to meet him. Seems like a very Nice guy.

he is a nice guy--helped me out with some holster questions today.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm I just got a paycheck and haven't been to this store I've heard so many accolades about. Been thinking about a ar15 or maybe a .40 sig or glock. Still in the prelim phases...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmm I just got a paycheck and haven't been to this store I've heard so many accolades about. Been thinking about a ar15 or maybe a .40 sig or glock. Still in the prelim phases...

Got all three!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got all three!  

Get, uh, both?  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't stand Virginia Arms.  There's this chemical in teh air that makes my money literally dissolve from my wallet.  I've done scientific testing on teh matter.  I Can walk in for a transfer and walk out with, more magpul products than magpul had and enough padded ammo cans to build the gerat wall of china.

And say what you want about their staff, selection and service.............    it's the can that brings me back again and again!  That is the bathroom of the gods!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That is the bathroom of the gods!

yeah i was in there one day looking at all that stuff and just about got so distracted that i almost missed the bowl.  fyi--don't try to piss while reading something behind you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah i was in there one day looking at all that stuff and just about got so distracted that i almost missed the bowl.  fyi--don't try to piss while reading something behind you.

GO ahead and do it, GotM4 has to have SOMETHIN to to there....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Come to think of it....I can't come up with a single item I that I haven't bought from V/A.

good price, good selection, great staff...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO ahead and do it, GotM4 has to have SOMETHIN to to there....

ok but i will tell him it was your idea.  

i was over at blue ridge shooting and people were asking me about the can i was using.  so i told everybody who asked--including guys behind the counter--that it was $6 at virginia arms down on center st.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top