Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 10:06:11 AM EDT
Does anyone in Chesapeake own a SBR?  I was told that the only one that is willing to sign a "Form 1" is the District Attorney.  Is that true?  Can someone provide me with a name?

Also, what is the process to obtain a signature?  Do I simply walk into their office and get a signature?  Or is it more complicated than that?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I can sign it, just let me know when you need it.  J/Kh
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know about sign-off's down your way, but I just slapped this puppy together for my wife tonight.  I'm sure there is a member here that knows whether or not you can get a Form 1 signed off on for your area.

P.S. No cracks on the tacky point, it's on there for show, not go.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE:

Tuesday I called the Commonwealth Attorney's Office.  It sounded somewhat promising.  I was told that it takes usually about a week for the D.A. to review and make a decision whether she'll  sign-off or not.  So I have my Form 1 prepared and got my passport pic taken last night.  I'll be dropping off the papers this afternoon.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hallmark_Ent - NICE!!!  If you ever feel like "slapping" another one together and have no one to give it to, I'll take it off your hands.  Hopefully I'll have one of my own soon.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep us up to date, I'm sure some future member can benefit from your experience.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
FORM 1 is SIGNED!!

Around 2 this afternoon a detective called and asked a couple questions and for my  DOB and SSN.  Then as soon as I stepped inside my house around 4, the D.A.'s office called me and said that my papers are ready.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Good stuff Steez!  Have you picked out an upper?  Can you use the same form to apply for a sound suppressor?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top