Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 6:35:21 PM EDT
A shooter on the line ND,ed  and put a round compltley through his thigh tonight at Shooters, Medics, ambulance and a helicopter the whole show.

He should be OK but he'll be sore when the drugs wear off.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
DAMN...hope he's ok
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry what ed and nd. I assume the d is for discharge.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry what ed and nd. I assume the d is for discharge.

"ND" - negligent discharge
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Sad to hear that, was he totin a Glock foh-tay?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
it brings up a good point though...the macabre in me is wondering what kind of gun he did this with....
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have seen and barked at some unsafe gun handling both there and at NRA. Damn,but I hate indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a 40 cal, probably ball ammo from the range since the exit wound was not to scary, I did not ask him what gun it was at the time he was fixated on not dying and the medic was stuffing him with gauz on the floor. I did not really look at the gun someone secured it and made it safe and handed it to the OIC,

He was an LEO but not sure what dept or agency.

Was nice having one of the local SWAT medics in the lane next door doing some plinking, I dont think he got to shoot 10 rounds before he became occupied with the GSV
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
It wasnt farrokh with his glock 18 was it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It wasnt farrokh with his glock 18 was it?

No.

But I'm am interested in the type of pistol he used when he had this ND.

He was practicing drawing from a holster so I wonder if he was drawing the gun or reholstering when this happened.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if this ND is the same event described over on Packing.org But he is highly trained....
If it is sounds like he may have been the victim of his own poor adherence to the rules of gun safety.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It was a 40 cal, probably ball ammo from the range since the exit wound was not to scary, I did not ask him what gun it was at the time he was fixated on not dying and the medic was stuffing him with gauz on the floor. I did not really look at the gun someone secured it and made it safe and handed it to the OIC,

He was an LEO but not sure what dept or agency.

Was nice having one of the local SWAT medics in the lane next door doing some plinking, I dont think he got to shoot 10 rounds before he became occupied with the GSV

I arrived shortly after the incident. I am a volunteer at Shooters (I run the USPSA program). Everything you wrote agrees 100% with what I was told by the staff. Again, I was told that the person was apparently an active duty LEO.  I was also told that he is a veteran who has served our country in combat in Afganistan (for which I am grateful to him - if that turns out to be true). I was also told that the ammunition was FMJ - which was fortunate.  From what I was told, the bullet entered his thigh and exited near "the twins" - but did not strike them nor did it hit a major artery. It apparently happened in conjunction with practicing a draw - although it is not known to me whether he was drawing or re-holstering.

As to the "how" - well I think that we are going to have to let that one go since everything short of a reply from the shooter would be speculation.  

It is clear to me that this was not a matter of ignorance by the shooter.  Our law enforcement personal and our military personel hold themselves out to be trained experts in the safe use of firearms. It appears that this person made a mistake.

Again, without a report from the guy in question,  there is nothing else to see here folks, lets move along.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I wonder if this ND is the same event described over on Packing.org ...

Sorta sounds like the same incident.  Unfortunately, the poster gives no geographical info at all.

If the injured shooter was in fact a “Federal Reserve Officer”, he is basically a security guard - not an LEO.

And I’m thinking some of those guys are actually contract workers, not government employees.

I believe here in the DC area they carry .40 S&W Sigmas (which with it's 12 pound or so trigger pull are apparently pretty hard to get to go off even when you want them to!).
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Ouch.  Hope this person is alright.  I've practiced at Shooters from time-to-time and have been most impressed with the clientel.  Each time I was there the vast majority of shooters were federal LEO and military.  It would surprise me if this unfortunate incident happened due to careless handling, but stranger things have happened.  MJD
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
A shooter on the line ND,ed  and put a round compltley through his thigh tonight at Shooters, Medics, ambulance and a helicopter the whole show.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Why was there a helicopter there?  Police medivac?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]
If the guy was a FED. worker, then he is a federal police officer.hug.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top