Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 2:20:06 PM EDT
Now I,m looking at getting a bolt gun so I a'm asking everyone thier opinoin and then will decide ( but the wife does not know at this point ,so those that know her Please do not say anything at this point!But I will tell her soon after I ve done my research and reading .)also what kind of scope ? I not looking to break the bank, maybe around $1000 for both scope and rifle.hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Tasco Super Sniper scope is pretty cheap, and the guys in the precision rifle forum seem to think they're a great deal for the cost.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
With that price you'll have to go savage and cheap rings, optic and mount or get a used package.  I can tell you if you plan on doing anything besides plink you might as well not cheap out on your package.  If you want a cheap bolt rifle, throw a scope on a nagant or old misurp.   Even with $600 glass (that you can use later when you decide to upgrade) you can still be under your $1000 mark.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
What caliber do you intend on using?Are you looking for only new, or is used possible? What kind of distance do you intend to shoot at? Do you want a fixed power scope, or a variable? Once again, new or used?

Building a sub $1000 bolt action is possible, but you have to make some decisions on what you will accept, and what you won't...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking for a new one in  .308 caliber,  will be shooting 100-300yds and target shooting (mainly  3 gun stuff). The scope can be either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Remington .308 and a 6mm. Both shoot less than a MOA and are completely stock. The most expensive scope I have on either is a Bushnell banner. You could get a Remington and scope and still come out under a grand.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Just pick up a plain jane 700, and a Tasco scope, and burris rings, and you should be able to keep it under a grand.

Here is a 700 for under $600
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Well guys I just got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A rem700 LTR(solid blk) 20" fluted bull barrel w/ a bushnell elite 3200 10 x 40 mil dot scope the cost was $980. I also got a harris bipod , blackhawk cheeckpad,and a uncle mikes tactical sling.I will be firing it on Sunday at BC, so I'll give a report later.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for the delay, the rifle fires just fine and all errors were the shooter( took right at 9 shot groups of 3 to get it zeroed in . At this point I m holding a 2moa( will work on making that a tighter group).Fired it on sunday at the BC3 gun and had a 10 out of 12 hits in the designated areas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Well today I went back to BC and zeroed my iron sights on the AR, rezreroed the Romak III holding a 3/4 MOAat 100yds, and the Rem 700 is holdig a 1/2 MOA at 100 yds.( I try and post pics) after two shots I hit a penny at 100 yds.So the rifle is good ,any misses will be all me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top