Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 7:16:26 PM EDT
Hey guys.  I knwo i have been looking for build partys in the area and have not found many.  I also know this is from a diff board but it still seems liek a good time.  To save you alot of reading.  The date is for the weekend of june 10th.  They camp, build, and shoot.
WV Shoot
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
i scanned our boards and found no mention of it in any of the hometown forums.  I am sure there are many cross posters.  Hell, you can never get to much info or advice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I just read the first page and it didnt seem like they were saying anything about building. Just seemed like fishing, camping, shooting. I would like to attend a build party some day and have some help building my first ak. Maybe even do it from a flat reciever so I could use my social security number as a serial number on the gun I think that would be really cool.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
they also build.  you must read past the first page on a 20+ page post.  Why would you want to put your SS# on a gun or anywhere it doesn't need to go for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Cause if I build it its mine. I wouldnt plane on selling it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#6]
and you would want to etch your SS# in the side of it why?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just read the first page and it didnt seem like they were saying anything about building. Just seemed like fishing, camping, shooting. I would like to attend a build party some day and have some help building my first ak. Maybe even do it from a flat reciever so I could use my social security number as a serial number on the gun I think that would be really cool.

Probably not a good idea - in the unpleasant event that it got stolen, and someone actually realized, could lead to identity theft.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the flat and rails, just need a good parts kit and someone to help since I do not know jack about AK.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
hate to brake it to you long rifle.  You have a long way to go.  You have about 10% of the process done.  Just buying the flats (which come with the rails) is like saying that you have some tubular steel and are building a motorcycle.  I am not trying to discourage you.  for about 150 you can get all the parts you need but not the tools you need to do the work.  You can also get alot done with a simple dremel.  The info in the ak build section is very good.  that and it is always fun to learn!
jimmy
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have the flat and rails, just need a good parts kit and someone to help since I do not know jack about AK.

I can help you out Top.

I got all the tools, just get the kit and US compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can help you out Top.

I got all the tools, just get the kit and US compliance parts.

SHWEET!

Now the search for a parts kit begins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top