Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 12:37:02 PM EDT
So I got my CAR Wrench in th email today and was going to try and attach my sling adapter and try out my new ASP sling. Holy crap that thing wont freaking budge and I dont want to damage anything by forcing it. I sprayed it with wd-40 and still no go. Anyone have any suggestions? Advice? I am wondering if the factory put loctite or teflon tape on the thing to keep it in place.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring it by VA Arms tomorrow and I'll get it off for you while you wait and install your single point sling loop if you bring it too.  No charge.  Ask for Robb.

Rock River Arms uses Loc Tite on their carbine receiver extensions for some reason, but I've never had a whole lot of trouble removing one.  Bushys come off really easily.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Cant come by tomorrow. Might have to come by there sometime this week I just busted my face open trying to remove the damn thing christ they must use super space loctite. That fucker wont even budge.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cant come by tomorrow. Might have to come by there sometime this week I just busted my face open trying to remove the damn thing christ they must use super space loctite. That fucker wont even budge.

Okay I'll be there all week 10am-7pm and Sat 9am-5pm.

This is the wrench I'll use.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, when I changed out the old fake telestock on my RRA after the ban lifted, it took some serious grunting and straining to get the castle nut off.  It's possible they used red loctite, I'm not sure, but it was definitely loctited on there.

Howdy, Robb. You guys at VA Arms rock.  I'll be bringing some friends gun shopping sometime soon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a car wrench and an armorers tool coming in today. I see Robb has a better tool than I do. Looks alot beefier as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
If you hav'nt done it yet the castle nut is most likely loctited with blue loctite, at least my RRA was. Remove the stock from the tube and heat the castle nut with a propane torch to loosen the loctite. Apply wrench to the left to loosen the nut. It did not take much heat to get mine loose. After I installed my plate I reloctited (blue) the castle nut instead of peening metal into the slots in case I needed to remove the tube again. It was a five min. job.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay I'll be there all week 10am-7pm and Sat 9am-5pm.

This is the wrench I'll use.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/M4stockwrench.jpg

Anyone know where I can order one of those from?

Danny
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Danny

Danny,
I got mine and the shops at Tonys Custom Uppers at the Chantilly Funshow.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

Danny,
I got mine and the shops at Tonys Custom Uppers at the Chantilly Funshow.

Thanks Bro. Now I know what the initials on the wrench mean. I owe you.

Later,

Danny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top