Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 2:52:37 PM EDT
I am in the process of putting together a suitable AR-15 rifle for service rifle competition, and have decided on a Rock River lower with the NM trigger and all other lower parts except the stock assembly (I already have a spare). Before I go and order a lower online, I thought that I'd see if there were any dealers in the Northern VA area that sell them. From my online research, it looks that the going rate now seems to be $250/shipped. (Up until a week ago, I saw it as low as $215/shipped!)  With a transfer fee, I'm in for $275. Are there any dealers (or private individuals, for that matter) that could meet/beat this price, in the area? Are there any dealers that are planning on going to the Dale City show this weekend that could meet/beat that price? I only ask the last question since I'm going to that show to work the VCDL table, and if any dealer who might read this wants an easy sale, let me know and I'll see them there with cash in hand.

Thanks,

lansker
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You try STONEWALL ARMS in Winchester ? ? ? I got my Lower from them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I should have specified, I'm in Arlington, so Winchester might be a bit out of the way. Although I do plan on heading out to the Thompson WMA some weekend to get away from here and fish.  If I don't find anything closer, I might give them a call.

lansker
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
virginia arms?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Over the last 3 weeks or so I've been to most of the gun shops around, wife's been working weekends, and haven't seen any with the internals.  Shooter's Paradise has stripped RRA lowers for $95, which isn't bad at all.  They also had RRA 2 stage triggers for the same price.  

Add a parts kit to that and you're around $240, plus you have to assemble it.  $250 doesn't sound too out of line considering there doesn't seem to be anybody in the area that has the configuration you're looking for.  

Maybe somebody else has had better luck than me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip on Shooter's Paradise.  I've got an upper on order from White Oak Armament that won't be here for 4 weeks at least, so that gives me some time to look (and call) around, at least. I only looked at the assembled lower because it seemed every time I did the math on the stripped lower and non-assembled parts, I didn't gain an advantage, price wise. At the prices you've mentioned for the stripped lower and parts, that would keep it competitive...

lansker
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on VA Arms.  I've seen lowers up on the wall, some might be RRA, I'm not sure.

They're in Manassas.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
What about JG Elarde Firearms in Leesburg?  Does he just do shows?

RRA also lists Furr Supply Company in Vienna, but I've never heard of them and the address looks like a house.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What about JG Elarde Firearms in Leesburg?  Does he just do shows?

RRA also lists Furr Supply Company in Vienna, but I've never heard of them and the address looks like a house.

I bought a stripped lower from Bruce Furr.  He used to work behind the gun counter at Galyan's until Dick's bought them out and turned the gun counter PC.  Bruce is a good guy to deal with and has great prices.  He's got my vote of confidence!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#9]

I found exactly what I was looking for at the Dale City gun show today. Dark Sun had my exact configuration for $249.95. Even with taxes and state police fee I was still under my previous limit of $275...

Thanks again for all your help.

lansker
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I found exactly what I was looking for at the Dale City gun show today. Dark Sun had my exact configuration for $249.95. Even with taxes and state police fee I was still under my previous limit of $275...

Thanks again for all your help.

lansker

Say it ain't so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top