Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 6:16:07 AM EDT
in a motorcycle forum a guy asked about firearms and what would be good...here's a response that was posted, see how many stupid things you can find...lmao

this post is a response to a guy saying that a .44 revolver is a good gun to get.

That's fine and dandy if you aren't going to need more than 5 shots..  or a quick easy reload, and know for sure it will never fall landing on the cylinder misaligning it....

but if you're paranoid about such things as a riot, or natural disaster looting and mobs... and never know how many bad people you will have to shoot at for how long...  then you might want a high capacity autoloader.  push button, old magazine drops, slap a new mag in and you're all set for the next round.

if you're aim is good, there won't be much difference in how dead the target is, between 9mm and 44.

This is of course assuming your shot gun isn't available for some reason through the crisis, and you have to use your sidearm.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Other then Al Gore inventing the Internet so people can flaunt their expertise in multiple subject areas, nothing.  But then again, I'm surrounded by so much stupidity that this guy could be a rocket scientist for all I know.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Whooaaaaa... he called it a magazine
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Never underestimate the stupidity of ANYTHING on dcsb.com

Fer schnizzle, yo!

Having said that,  I actually don't see anything wrong with what was quoted.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Having said that,  I actually don't see anything wrong with what was quoted.

After reading it about 10 times... I don't really either, except that he assumes that every .44 mag can only carry 5 rds and the general tone of his post makes me say "yeah... that guy's a dipshit."
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
it sounds to me like hes saying that revolvers arent worth anything especially compared to a semi-auto.  also i've never heard of the cylinder misaligning causing a misfire...im sure it has happened, ive just never heard of it.

the title was misleading and wasnt the message i was trying to get across but i didnt want to just change it.  i didnt mean "stupid", i meant "wrong" i guess...  my mistake on that.

Never underestimate the stupidity of ANYTHING on dcsb.com

a lot of the stuff on there attaining to bikes has been helpful while i have been starting off...but when it comes to the subject of guns on a bike forum...its hit or miss it seems
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
motorcycle sites to avoid:

dcsportbikes.com

dcsportbikes.net

as a DC area vet who rides I say

seriously though, try the DC area of cycleforums.com , it is full of many refugees of  dcsbc and dcsbn, we've all fled the squid & dumbass heavy boards.  Also, supersportbike.org, a smaller site, but a very close knit group who are always willing  to help new riders,  just tell em I sent ya
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top