Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 5:05:49 PM EDT
Called about an ad in the Valley Trader advertising .223 ammo for $4 a box.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out the guy has a case of Q3131.  Not an outrageously good buy, but not too shabby.  I'm going to go pick up half of it tomorrow, so the other half is still up for sale.  Said he also has some other assorted ammo, .45, 7.62x39, 9mm-I'll update with details once I find out.  He should be home after noon if anyone wants to call tomorrow-it's the only ad in this week's Trader titled "Ammunition".
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
ITS A TRAP!

I called to see if he'd come off the price a bit, as Im buying XM193 at that price... No dice... Ill be at the shop from 10-3 tomorrow if you wanna stop by homie.,...........Udog
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ITS A TRAP!

I called to see if he'd come off the price a bit, as Im buying XM193 at that price... No dice... Ill be at the shop from 10-3 tomorrow if you wanna stop by homie.,...........Udog

yeah, I asked him too, but apparently the guy knows what it's going for.  Still, that's a little cheaper than I can get it anywhere else I looked, and definitely the cheapest I'll be able to buy a half-case.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow afternoon but if I make it over to Winchester proper I'll definitely drop in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, well, unfortunately I didn't make it over to Winchester Mike.  The guy's off of 522 near the Front Royal fairgrounds, so I just cruised back home.

He's still got 40 boxes of Q3131, headstamped 94.  I didn't see a lot number on the box??  He's set on getting $4 per.

He also has about a case of 7.62x39mm.  He told me at first that it was Norinco, but it's not.  The boxes are white, with no name on them, marked "Made in Russia" and they're HPs.  He's asking $4 a box for those also.    I was really hoping to score some Norinco steel-core for cheap.

He's also got a bunch of .40 cal and some .45, all Winchester.  He's asking $10 a box for the .45, forgot to ask about the .40.  I bet if you pointed out that the WWB .45 at WalMart goes for less than he's trying to sell it he'd drop to $5 or $6 a box.  That's what happened when I bought out the rest of the .30 Carbine he had.

He also had a bunch of miscellaneous single boxes, .25-06, 7.62x54, .308, etc.  

All in all I picked up 500 rounds of Q3131, 150 rounds of .30 Carbine, a box of .30-.30s and a half a box of 32 S&Ws for $120.  Not too shabby, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up, Ill pass, I thought he'd come down a bit.
Im buying .45 per K cheaper than WWB and even money on the Q3131a

Have you seen the street price on 7.62x39 lately? $4 per isnt bad when you can find it. The days of 110$ wolf are gone im afraid,..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top