Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
I'll start:

Thor

Having fun on the NJ Shore:

When he was a wee puppy:

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Me and my girlfriends dog (shes a great boat Dog)
Dakota

My buddies dogs

Taz is the Husky, Sonya is the lab, and Dozer is the mutt

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr.Kipling...........

Sadly, I gave my Ex the Dog upon our parting of ways... The dog's the only one who'll put up with her BS
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Fiend,

your buddy's dog Dozer looks just like one of my two dogs. My dogs name is Mojo, and she looks the same except she doesn't have the little dark crown on her head, she looks like she has eyeliner on. Where did your buddy get Dozer? I found Mojo in a parking lot when I lived in the Virgin Islands. She was small enough to fit in the palm of my hand, and full of worms and fleas and mange. Nursed her back to health by feeding her with a syringe and milk/water(she wouldn't eat or drink by herself).

If Dozer is anything like her he is a Very high drive dog. She is mostly pitbull, like Dozer seems to be. Dog fighting is HUGE business on the island where I found her. They spend ridiculous amounts of money breeding dogs to fight. It absolutely disgusted me how commonplace it was. You would see Rasta guys with pitbulls running their dogs through the sand on some beaches with big heavy chains dragging behind them. I even found a pitbull corpse once on an isolated and rocky beach that I had snorkeled out to. It had died in a fight. Broke my heart to see it.

Your buddy might want to pay close attention to dog agression with Dozer. Mojo would never hurt a person, but she will throw down at the drop of a hat with another dog. We treated her like a spoiled child her whole life, and she got constant love and attention. At some point however it was like a switch turned in her head and she became dog aggressive. I have no idea why. She is fine with dogs she knows, but a strange dog that tries to be dominant over her is in for an asswhoopin'. She is devastating when that switch gets tripped in her head. They are very athletic, and have tons of heart. They are sweet and gentle around people though, and Mojo is fantastic around my daughter.

The situation now is that I have to keep her tied up, or on a leash, except for night time when I run her with a laser pointer. It's a shame too, because I can let my Shepherd have free reign out here. Mojo had a couple incidents that require her to be kept in this fashion. Since she is so high drive it's a lot of work to keep her happy and get her enough exercise. Dozer will probably be the same way. He'll fill out some more as he gets older, and he'll be pure muscle if he gets exercise. It's pure joy to watch these dogs exercise, it's like watching an NFL runningback do his thing.

I'm only writing this because I had to learn some of these lessons the hard way, and don't want your buddy to have to as well. They are great dogs, but have some special needs. If you challenge them physically you will be amazed at what they can do.

2IDdoc
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We have noted a lot of those traits in him

He seems to have some Greyhound in him or something also, no matter how much he eats he keeps a very slender body and is faster than hell. The husky used to haul ass on him, now Dozer hauls ass. He bought him at the SPCA btw.

He is good with the other Dog's but is definate the dominant over Taz, despite Taz being older and a heck of a lot bigger. The dog's have free reign of the backyard whenever they are out, and he is very protective of the backyard, even when my buddy goes to his backyard from the outside he will be protective.

ETA he is pure muscle as of now, his legs are beastly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
JASMINE

GINGER

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful Rotty.  I miss mine, I swear the second day I'm a home owner I'm shopping for another Rotty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This is my Rottie, Ch. Bosco Lazy Doggus in one of his finer moments
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:55:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hunter

Gator
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag for pics of two boxers who are the correct color - Brindle!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tag for pics of two boxers who are the correct color - Brindle!

The boxer line matriarch, to which nearly all boxers with extensive heirarchal paperwork can be traced, was named Blanca, a nearly all white bitch.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Roc

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah baby VA Rotties representing!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Maximus

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Molly, my 9 year old Boston Terrier, possibly the smartest dog alive.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/Bonk2029/Molly.jpg

It's a mini-Boxer......

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Here are the dogs that I live with:

This is Dodger the broken dauschound looking miserable.

Another picture of Dodger (and Kuzco) looking miserable in the snow.

Here is Dodger and Kuzco (a rat terrier)

Kuzco chasing after my friend's son on his sled

They are really fun little jobs.  I know that Dodger looks miserable in each of the pictures, but he really is an easy going, generally happy dog.  He loves nothing better then just curling up in somone's lap and sleeping, laying under the covers and sleeping, laying in the sun sleeping, etc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Not exactly from VA, but we are your next door neighbor.

This is my buddy Warden.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not exactly from VA, but we are your next door neighbor.

This is my buddy Warden.

img136.imageshack.us/img136/8282/00000899bh.jpg

Title edited.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Tonka and Henry

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's Lady Cooper, the Drama Queen coonhound.  She's made an art form of looking pathetic.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Tucker, good old Carolina hound dog, will follow a scent for days

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]
My little shit weasel "Mookie", the Min Pin. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=45233

Danny

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Lean, Mean Fighting Machine:

Waffles

(Though I think he may be a mamas boy)

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Danny

I have a min pin too...

They think that they bigger than they really are.

If they were as big as they thought, we would be in a shit load of trouble...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#26]
My Viszla, Hunter:

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

I have a min pin too...

They think that they bigger than they really are.

If they were as big as they thought, we would be in a shit load of trouble...

Brother you know it.

She will square off with stuff way much bigger than her.......and won't budge an inch.

I piss her off intentionally, she bites like hell. I would bleed like heck till she ditched the sharp puppy teeth.

She is the best guard dog ever, barks loud and lets you know where to look for trouble. Bark hurts my ears though.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Here's the ankle-chewer of the house:

Hoppy

Like Cliffy's, he makes a big production of 'Oh, whoa is me!' but then he'll lick you to death.
Or, as he's still a puppy, with the needlelike puppy-teeth, he'll come up behind you if you're laying
on the carpet, and want to grab an ear. OUCH!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/Bonk2029/Molly.jpg

It's a mini-Boxer......

I hear that all the time.  Molly has been at full-grown weight, all of 16lbs, for the last eight years, and people still wonder if she's a Boxer puppy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Tanker06/Hoppy.jpg
Hoppy

Like Cliffy's, he makes a big production of 'Oh, whoa is me!' but then he'll lick you to death.
Or, as he's still a puppy, with the needlelike puppy-teeth, he'll come up behind you if you're laying

What breed is your puppy?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm gonna go with either Australian Shepherd or Border Collie

On second thought, I'm way off. His fur is too wavy. Springer Spaniel maybe?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Buster, Border Collie and Black Lab mix

Doing what he does best.

He's having a great time, I swear to god.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#33]
My german shepard, Rommel. (This is the first thing he started chewing on when I brought him home)

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6882/rommelsmall9tb.th.jpg

The book is On War by Clausewitz
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Sorry for the link Im not a member of photo bucket or anything. I just threw this on my campus server in 2 mins so everythings out of whack, but here goes.

http://www.radford.edu/~aasher/1.htm
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's my Belgian Malinious, Foxy-Roxy!

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Tanker06/Hoppy.jpg
Hoppy

What breed is your puppy?

Cockapoo - part cocker spaniel, part poodle. Not an AKC-recognized breed, but the breeders have
been doing all of the work to get them 'officially' recognized.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Sorry for the link Im not a member of photo bucket or anything. I just threw this on my campus server in 2 mins so everythings out of whack, but here goes.

http://www.radford.edu/~aasher/1.htm

Let me try to post it for you.

Nope, not working.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Here is Lucifer!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Savannah and Murray fight to the death:

If you close your eyes and just listen to these two, you would think that blood would be flowing and chunks of flesh being ripped out.  They just sound mean though.  

Savannah making a sneak attack:
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#40]
This is Ella
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top