Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 9:27:11 AM EDT
Im looking to get a 12-15 gun safe here in VA . Any brands that yall guys like that can be had locally. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Virginia safe and lock is a great place...got my liberty there.

www.vasafeandlock.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I was in a same position like you a few months ago.  After calling around including vasafeandlock,  I went with Thompson Safe of MD.

I was getting ripped off in the delivery of the safe from Springfield to my house, which is withing 10 miles of delivery.  The quoted price was 450 for delivery of comparable safe from Thompson's, WHereas, Thompson charged me 250 for delivery from Frederick, MD  to Fairfax.

Besides, if you compare the safe specification between Champion and Liberty, you get more bang for your buck with Champion

Check out Champion Safe Challenger Series, when you call Thompson, ask to speak with Mike and tell him bmwguy sent you and you're afcomer, he just might cut you some slack on pricing.

www.libertysafeofmd.com/challenger_series.htm
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I highly recommend Steve with "Steve's Services". You will see him with Fort Knox and other brands at the Chantilly "Nation's" Gun Show. His prices include delivery and set-up. He is also very discreet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
+1000 for Steve...I've bought two from him and prod sold about 50 for him to buddies...nice guy
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
not sure where you are located,
Woodbrook in Charlottesville carries Liberty, has good prices,
they will probably be at the next richmond show (showplace)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
+ More for Steve.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a safe from Steve as well, i'm very satisfied.  However you will need a buttload of patience as he is terrible about returning phone calls.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for Steve's Services.   Great prices on the best quality safes, terrific service.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I got a safe from Steve as well, i'm very satisfied.  However you will need a buttload of patience as he is terrible about returning phone calls.

This is true, he's horribly overworked for just a one man operation...he can't find reliable help to do it full time with him...but he's searching.  The patience is worth it...they are the best safes.
JT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www.vasafeandlock.com/

A+....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
For those who may not realize is there is a reason Steve is 'virtually' a one man operation...security.  Unlike many delivery businesses he does not just trust anyone to help him, which makes it much more difficult to find full time help as Steve pointed out to 05lowrider.  He has a lot of 'high end' clients that he does not want to comprimise in any way.  It can be difficult to get in touch with him but IMHO its worth it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Another good word for Steve's Services.  Got a great deal on a safe and Steve really helped out with the delivery.  Very smooth and great guy to work with and talk to.  I will be purchasing my next safe from him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#13]
When your looking at safes save a few bucks and pick it up yourself.  I've got a Liberty 25 that I drove from SC to Fayetteville NC in a F150 then me and 2 buddies tipped it off the truck and me and 1 buddy used a fridge dolly to get it up 3 stairs and through an old house with narrow hallways.  Wasn't near as bad as you'd think.  Most people that include delivery in there price will knock a few bucks off if you pick up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.vasafeandlock.com/

A+....

A++
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another good word for Steve's Services.  Got a great deal on a safe and Steve really helped out with the delivery.  Very smooth and great guy to work with and talk to.  I will be purchasing my next safe from him.

Yep got my safe from him too, probably get my next one from him soon
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was in a same position like you a few months ago.  After calling around including vasafeandlock,  I went with Thompson Safe of MD.

I was getting ripped off in the delivery of the safe from Springfield to my house, which is withing 10 miles of delivery.  The quoted price was 450 for delivery of comparable safe from Thompson's, WHereas, Thompson charged me 250 for delivery from Frederick, MD  to Fairfax.

Besides, if you compare the safe specification between Champion and Liberty, you get more bang for your buck with Champion

Check out Champion Safe Challenger Series, when you call Thompson, ask to speak with Mike and tell him bmwguy sent you and you're afcomer, he just might cut you some slack on pricing.

www.libertysafeofmd.com/challenger_series.htm

Thanks bmwguy. My Dad, Mike doesn't know ar15.com other then the book marks on firefox. Delivery usly runs 245 to 350 depending on model and where its going.

Right now we are very low on stock. Just got done doing the eastern outdoor show, two gun shows, and pretty much sold out.(Over 70 safes in one week Best show ever for us.) Champion is backed order right now with 2800 safes and we havn't put our big order from the show and normal sales yet. So if we don't have it in stock no idea when we will be able to get it. So talk is right not we might bring in some Liberty safes again but when you put them side by side with a champion. We end up with alot of Libertys just sitting and not moving.

Steve at Ft Knox is a good guy. I've only meet him a few times, and he was great to deal with. He is a one man shop like the above post said. So it may take some time for him to call you back.

If you call us, you will get Mike or myself (Gary). I can't really do much with discounts snice my dad has say over that. But I am able to give a free option (golden rod, Door pistol kit, gel, widlife prints, etc) with out getting yelled out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Hello Gary-

How's that M4 of yours coming along?  Did you get more accessories?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hello Gary-

How's that M4 of yours coming along?  Did you get more accessories?

Hey, ok know who you are now lol. Just need to get a hand grip for it now. Wondering why I waited so long to get a M4gery. Want to add a light and a laser at some point, but saving up for the car in the picture to the left (72 firebird).  Once I get that, SBR here I come.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Steve for 2 moves and 3 safes and counting........

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top