Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:36:19 PM EDT
I've come up to NoVa quite a bit over the past few years, almost to the point where this is like a second home.  But yesterday was the first time I've ever tried Five Guys (after I got done shooting at Shooter's Paradise in Woodbridge).  Man, I never realized what I was missing all these years...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Everytime I have had the displeasure of eating there the burgers have been very plain tasting, not worth the price IMO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Man that place is great! Hard on the waist line though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Everytime I have had the displeasure of eating there the burgers have been very plain tasting, not worth the price IMO.

which one have you been to?  you're damn hard to please apparently
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I like them, but I can only eat about one a year, if that, because I just feel like total crap afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
We just got one here. It is GREAT. I can only eat a burger. If you "have fries with that", it's too much.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You should hit the NRA and then the one 5min down the street in Chantilly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

which one have you been to?  you're damn hard to please apparently

The one in by Innsbrook.

I'm not that picky to please either. All I want on my burgers is, meat, cheese, bacon and some ketchup. Everytime I have ordered 1) the order came wrong and 2) it tasted just like a burger from McD's/Burger King
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1  I think they're over-rated, and I'm not difficult to please, either.  I've tried them, but never had a decent burger at one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome burgers.
There's one 5 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I love that place, the cajun fries are awesome.

Another place to go is Malbon Bros, and get a "Boss Hog".  That makes me feel like I ate a brick.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 the one in Colonail Heights sucks

you went to 5 guys when you could have had a what-a-burger???

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 Give it up for the What A Burger!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Over rated and overpriced. They just mask the burger with a bunch of toppings, rather than make the meat taste good in itself
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Over rated and overpriced. They just mask the burger with a bunch of toppings, rather than make the meat taste good in itself

Couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I have always like Fuddrucker's better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#17]
The 5 guys in Lynchburg and hte one in Chesterfield are really good. I've never eaten at teh NOVA ones, but it's nice to have a "real" hamburger as opposed to a "fast food" one...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#18]
They are not bad, definately overhyped. I like Fuddruckers better myself also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Try the original in alexandria or the one in chantilly and you may change your mind.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I love that place, the cajun fries are awesome.

mmm, mmm! cajun fries, boardwalk fries with vinegar and old spice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Have never had the chance to try them out. I've heard that they're good, but the oppurtunity has never
presented itself to give it a try.

I used to drive past the one in Alexandria, but that was always on my way home, fighting traffic. There's
one in Herndon, but I never seemed to remember it was there when choosing somewhere to eat.

Fuddruckers is good, but I still cringe when it's time to pay the bill. Good, but I'm not convinced that
it's worth all that for a burger, thus I don't eat there very often. I'd give Five Guys a try when I get
the chance, just to give it a fair shake. If it's not up to par, I won't go back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Eaten at several Five Guys, and they are way way overrated.  The burgers are good, but way too expensive.  Doesnt even come close to a burger bought at a Wendy's or especially one cooked at home.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I love Five Guys burgers and eat that after every Shooters Paradise USPSA, IDPA, ICORE and 3 gun match I shoot over there.  Fuddruckers are nice too but too damn big and too slow of service, usually I'm in a hurry.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Another reason to like the Woodbridge store?

They are Open-Carry friendly and they have been good friends to the Shooters Paradise community. Examples: the Intro to USPSA/IDPA class usually has dinner there after every class session. There was also a 5Guys get-together after the public SIG Shoot held down at Shooters last month.  They just opened another store: this one is in Arlington on Wilson between Clarendon and Court House.

Good people in my book.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#25]
There's a Five Guys on Minieville/PW Parkway now, too.  Not far from a Cheeseburgers in Paradise.  Just a stone's throw from Fuddruckers.  A Carabbas just around the corner.  Quantico Arms Potomac Mills store is within .5 miles.

I think I'm going to die fat and broke.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There's a Five Guys on Minieville/PW Parkway now, too.  Not far from a Cheeseburgers in Paradise.  Just a stone's throw from Fuddruckers.  A Carabbas just around the corner.  Quantico Arms Potomac Mills store is within .5 miles.

I think I'm going to die fat and broke.

Thread hijack:  Cheeseburger in Paradise......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Try out a Red Robin, they have a great selection. The kids love the never ending fry basket!

Mark
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#28]
y'all are nuts

5 Guys is the best burger out there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
+1 on the Five Guys.  There's a new one near my house and Blue Ridge Arsenal.  I can go shoot, and then eat their hamburger manna.....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#30]
The one in Charlottesville is pretty good. They're adding two more of them locally. I get a burger that costs $5 with no tip,and I can have lots of good toppings with it rather than the usual ketchup/pickles/mustard/tomato/lettuce/onion that local burger joints have.
I don't know what they cost in NoVa,but down here $5 is about on par with most of the local hamburger chain's larger burgers (usually $3.50-$4.50 for a quarter pound burger with a squashed bun and crappy toppings).
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#31]

+1  I tried the burger's and fries when the had the store at columbia pike and glebe rd and from there RT 7/waltereed location and havent been back since.

If you want a good burger for your $$$$ go to Mario's pizza house.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Granted, it’s not in the same league as a fancy sit down restaurant.

And I have to agree that the meat is a bit bland.

Still, for $5.86 in the Chantilly Fiveguys I can get a burger (w/o cheese), drink, and a pocketfull of peanuts.  (The fries are good, but just too much to eat.)

It’s a better meal than what you get at Burger King or such and it’s really not that much more expensive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#33]
YUP FIVE GUYS IS THE BEST
+ ONE BILLION FOR 5 Guys :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I've come up to NoVa quite a bit over the past few years, almost to the point where this is like a second home.  But yesterday was the first time I've ever tried Five Guys (after I got done shooting at Shooter's Paradise in Woodbridge).  Man, I never realized what I was missing all these years...

Dude, next time you come up here, drop me a line.  USSS_Steve and I will hook up with you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Last time I went to shooters paradise I went there too, and even better then are open carry friendly! Or at least I didn't get any complaints...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, next time you come up here, drop me a line.  USSS_Steve and I will hook up with you.

Will do.  I'll be back 2x in March.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I love  Five Guys. My home town is Alexandria, so I'm near one no matter which side of town I'm on!

There are a lot of them now.  Not just in northern VA.  The closest to where I sit now is 5 min walk.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#38]
The one in chesterfield is one of my favorite burger spots.

I haven't tried anywhere else...  if you get the single patty, small fries, and a drink, you're out of there for about what it costs at a McD's these days.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#39]
+1 for Five Guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top