Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 8:33:23 AM EDT
From the NRA:

BATFE ABUSE AT RICHMOND, VA GUN SHOWS

On February 15, the U.S. House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security will hold an oversight hearing (the first of three BATFE-related hearings) to investigate apparent wrongdoing by BATFE at a Richmond, VA gun show last August.

In 2004-05, a troubling pattern emerged at a number of Richmond, VA-area gun shows, where hundreds of BATFE agents and state and local police staked out local shows. Immediately upon learning of these incidents, NRA began investigating and working to ensure congressional oversight hearings would be held to determine any wrongdoing and ensure BATFE was not overstepping its bounds or violating the law.

BATFE agents copied lawful gun purchase transaction records and provided this information to local police officers, who in turn conducted "residency checks."  Federal law prohibits the release of this information except in the course of a bona fide criminal investigation.  The information provided to local police prompted multiple instances of officers showing up at the homes of those who lawfully purchased firearms from licensed dealers. When the lawful purchasers were not at home, agents questioned family members (for example, inquiring of a wife if she knew her husband was at a gun show and/or had purchased a firearm) or their neighbors. In other cases, reports surfaced of lawful gun owners and holders of valid carry permits having their firearms confiscated.

Those interested in watching the hearing online may do so at http://judiciary.house.gov/schedule.aspx.  The hearing is scheduled to begin at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15.  

Oversight on the BATFE?  Whoodathunkit!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah...I saw the previous articles on the VCDL website.

This should be fairly interesting to watch....hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Now, if they could only reign the BATFE in on making arbitrary decsions regarding the "sporting purposes" clause on firearms and parts.

Trust Big Brother.....he has your best interest at heart.  Uh, yeah right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now, if they could only reign the BATFE in on making arbitrary decsions regarding the "sporting purposes" clause on firearms and parts.

Trust Big Brother.....he has your best interest at heart.  Uh, yeah right.

+1
Just another example of Federales overstepping thier authority.  This event reminds me of a movie I just bought, "Innocents Betrayed" by Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JFPO).  I can honestly say that this documentary is a must see for all freedom loving people.

My internet connection sucks.  Please keep me posted via this thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top