Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
I used to be into inline speed skating when I was in Georgia.  I was never able to run with the top competitors since I had probably 50+ pounds on them and a whole lot less money, but it was fun.  After watching Chad Hedrick kick ass last night I was reminded how much I missed the sport.  The only reason I stopped was because I had no place to race any more.  Is there somewhere in NoVA that offers competitive inline racing and instruction?  I've been out of it for over 4 years now so I need a refresher on the technique.  Any help is appreciated.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The only rink I know of is Fairfax Ice Arena on Pickett Road.
Here's their website

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Could try the ice house out in ashburn.  Across from the MCI campus and near the Redskins training facility if you know where those are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a rink out in Ashburn off of Waxpool. Don't know if they have speed skating though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info everybody.  I'm familiar with all the places you mentioned, but I'm not looking for ice.  I'm looking for INLINE (the kind with wheels) speed skating.  That's the tricky part.  There aren't very many roller rinks any more.  There's Cavalier on route 1 in Stafford, but that place has pissed me off every time I've gone there.  Now that I think about it, there's an indoor facility in Fredericksburg.  Mostly geared for hockey, but I'll look into that.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I answered my own question.  Slapshotz in Fredericksburg offers competitive speed skating at 1000M, 1500M and 3000M.  They also offer instruction.  Woohoo!  MJD
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info everybody.  I'm familiar with all the places you mentioned, but I'm not looking for ice.  I'm looking for INLINE (the kind with wheels) speed skating.  That's the tricky part.  There aren't very many roller rinks any more.  There's Cavalier on route 1 in Stafford, but that place has pissed me off every time I've gone there.  Now that I think about it, there's an indoor facility in Fredericksburg.  Mostly geared for hockey, but I'll look into that.  MJD

The Cavalier!!!  

I worked there in 1997.  That place blows.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Cavalier!!!  

I worked there in 1997.  That place blows.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  At least Slapshotz is a decent facility and it's only 20 minutes from my house.  MJD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top