Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 4:49:21 AM EDT
...a gun shop located in Chantilly called "DAR Arms" or something like that? It wasn't in business for very long and it was shut down about six or seven years ago (I suspect by the ATF). I remember a friend told me about their "unreal deals" on guns and that they were happy to do special orders and transfers for very small fees. One day I decided to stop in and check the place out. When I found the storefront (in an industrial park type setting) I was shocked to see the front window broken out and poorly boarded with a piece of plywood. The front door was closed and would not open but the door hardware was broken off with what appeared to be bullet exit holes in the door itself. I walked around to the back of the building and looking through an open backdoor I saw a wall and refridgerator dotted with bullet holes. I did not enter the building but as I walked all the way around back to the front I saw a guy about 15' behind my car. As we make eye contact he says (in a real jack-ass voice) "I don't know what your business is with those dirtbags but I am reporting your tag# to the police". I think I replied "whatever pops your nuts, A-hole" and drove off. I never saw anything in the news about whatever happened. I saw my friend a few weeks later and he had no clue that anything had happened at all but was getting worried because he had left a (large) deposit on a special order item with them and hadn't been able to reach them for several weeks, just an aswereing machine. From time to time I wonder what happened to this place but nobody seems to know. Anybody got the 411?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, that's a long paragraph.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It was in Herndon.  He was busted for selling handguns and illegal MG's to gangbangers in DC.  Don't know where you get the stuff about bullet holes, what happened was that the cops were there waiting for him one morning and he surrendered out of his vehicle.  No resistance.

I learned a great deal about a few local guys after that and I avoid them like the plague when I learned exactly what went down.  The owner of that shop had some good deals but he listened to a few of his customers and got himself into some deep trouble.  I don't advocate illegal activity but geez, if you go that route, don't tell the world about it.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I remember the place. Was in there once, and was going to start the paperwork to get a can for
my AR when he was sent off to Camp Ass-Pounding by the ATF.

I'm just glad that I never gave him any $$...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for solving that mystery for me. I don't doubt your information Hardrock but I do remember seeing bullet holes in the building. I think that is why I still wondered about what happened after all these years. Maybe some of his gangbanger customers came back, after he was shut-down, looking for their deposits
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
On a related note, does anyone recall a small gun store called "Universal Survivalist" in Fredericksburg.    The place was not in business for more than a year I would estimate, back in the early to mid 1990's.  Don't recall the specifics but some sort of sting operation occurred and they were shut down as well.  I didn't cry any tears when they were busted.   The folks that worked there were douche bag inbreeds.

Anyone got the full story on this joint?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else remember Vogel's guns in Alexandria, off Van Dorn St.?
This was back in the mid-80's. I remember a guy named Butch.
They had some militaria/surplus, some class III stuff, and some classI stuff.
I heard a rumor the ATF shut them down as well, but never heard the whole story.

DaddyDett

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top