Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 7:29:07 PM EDT
I have a friend living in Fairfax.  She's looking for a place to try out a Sig P230 and/or (possibly) a Walther P5.

Can anyone recommend a good range that rents handguns?  Also, can anyone recommend a good shop or FFL that has low transfer fees?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
well she might want to think about the p232 instead.  it is the improved version of the p230.  i know that blue ridge arsenal has one in their rental case.  their website is down right now.  but they are in chantilly--near dulles expo.  shooters paradise down in woodbridge has rental guns but i don't know about their selection.  

i don't know about transfer fees but after buying a handgun from blue ridge and virginia arms in manassas, i have found that the latter has better prices, customer service, employees, and selection.  

it is really a shame she is thinking about a p232 though as i sold one about 4 months ago.  i suggest she put hogue grips on it if she buys it.  they are nice little pistols.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
And dont forget Gilberts in Newington for the range rentals...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt we'll have some of the local ladies chime in, but VA Arms out here in Manassas has a great selection, decent prices and a professional staff that won't make her feel uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Quantico Arms down in Woodbridge!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't forget Quantico Arms down in Woodbridge!

i knew i was forgetting someone.  i always forget someone.  and for some reason i didn't think gilberts was still open.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, still open.  I go through there on my beat.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Va Arms for no BS friendly service.

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts

Care to elaborate?  

VArms' selection and service speak for itself.  Still, no shop- it included- is perfect.  

Gilbert's selection (especially of EBRs) isn't generally as good as VArms, but at least it has a range on premises.   And its handgun selection is nothing to snuff at.  

However, the NRA range is really a great range.   Now if only they'd double the number of lanes........  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts

Care to elaborate?  

VArms' selection and service speak for itself.  Still, no shop- it included- is perfect.  

Gilbert's selection (especially of EBRs) isn't generally as good as VArms, but at least it has a range on premises.   And its handgun selection is nothing to snuff at.  

However, the NRA range is really a great range.   Now if only they'd double the number of lanes........  

The poster is talking about a female shooter.

My experience has been that the staff at Gilberts has and does treat female shooters with FAR less respect than they would to a male shooter with smilar experience.

While I used to be a member there to shoot my handguns, (it IS closer to where I live), after having seen how they treated both my wife as well as another new female shooter, I would never take another new female shooter there again.

My .02
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
shooters paradise www.shootersparadise.com in woodbridge is a good range for me. Not sure about rentals but they allow up to .50 cal and you can bring your own ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
shooters paradise www.shootersparadise.com in woodbridge is a good range for me. Not sure about rentals but they allow up to .50 cal and you can bring your own ammo.

They have a decent selection of rentals. Only ones I can recall off the top of my head are glocks and 1911s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top