Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 3:06:39 PM EDT
Moved to Augusta County in July. I know that I owe personal property tax sometime. My questions are.

What would I expect to pay a year for a 2003 mini-van and a 1994 Pickup truck?

Do I get billed for the items or do I have to go to the county offices and tell them what I have?

I'm really clueless on what I should expect. What your average yearly personal property tax bill?
and whats your rate?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
In Loudoun you're expected to report moving the car into the county.  Because of car tax relief the '94 will be 0, but you probably need to get a yearly sticker for something like $25.  The 2003 will be based on the blue book.  I have a truck that was assessed at $15,000, that made my yearly bill about $300.

http://www.co.augusta.va.us/comrev/PersonalPropertyTaxRelief.htm

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
You should have a county or city sticker on your car....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Fairfax hit me with a big penalty becuase I took to long to register my property even though the tax was paid before it was due..  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top