Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:13:40 PM EDT
Where can I find a good, inexpensive couch? I am near Fredericksburg. I can't sit on this damn futon anymore.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
try
Holiday House on 360, in Aylet, about 15-20 minutes north east of mechanicsville,
they deliver everywhere, (or did when i bought several years ago)
great prices and selection,

if that's not to far for you,

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, I'll check it out. I will be down pretty close this weekend. I do not have to have it delivered.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine from valuecity furniture there. When I firs got back I got a sofa, love seat, and kitchen tables with chairs for $1000 for everything.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Isn't valuecity the store that posts all its locations "NO GUNS"?

I've found some great deals on used furniture on craigslist.

Quoted:
Got mine from valuecity furniture there. When I firs got back I got a sofa, love seat, and kitchen tables with chairs for $1000 for everything.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw something like that on the one in fredricsburg but the one that I went to in NY didnt have it. I also didnt see anything on their site. So I was like, oh well.

The holiday house is suppose to be having a big sale.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they have posted all the Virginia locations - I would not buy from a store with such an anti-gun attitude.  I see great deals on used couchs all the time.  Buy a gun
with the money saved.  

Quoted:
I saw something like that on the one in fredricsburg but the one that I went to in NY didnt have it. I also didnt see anything on their site. So I was like, oh well.

The holiday house is suppose to be having a big sale.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Good advice.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think they have posted all the Virginia locations - I would not buy from a store with such an anti-gun attitude.

... and if you do buy your sofa somewhere else (or just happen to be walking by one of ValueCity's stores, while not carrying, only for $hits and grins, ), drop in to tell the manager that you bought your furniture elsewhere, because of their CC policy.  

I stopped by my local Cravens Tire store (which prohibits all CC, except on-duty LEOs responding to the location) to let them know why I didn't have the tire work on my van done there.  I try to spend money locally -- at local businesses vice national chains -- but Cravens' stance insured I'll never use their services.

When I conduct such visits, I always ask to speak to the Store Manager, or Duty Manager, if the Store Manager is not available.  I try to be very friendly as I introduce myself.  After shaking their hand, I let 'em know how much I didn't spend in their shop, and why they didn't even enter into the running while I was making my purchase decision.  On my way out the store, I try to tell the owner loudly (think Peter Falk, as Colombo, 'remembering' something, as he's leaving) ... "But that means, that only criminals will come in here while armed!"

Good day, Sir.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Futons are awesome.

I'd check the want ads and craigslist. I furnished an apt through that for a very small amount of change while an undergrad. Like, $50 for a table and four chairs. Not much more for my futon.

Although I'd be leary about buying a used couch, since I know what I did on mine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
IKEA?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top