Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:08:40 AM EDT
Anybody know where I can get crushed corn cob polishing media locally?  I'm in Stafford.  Midway's out of stock or I'd order it from them.  I'm not talking about that green stuff from Lyman that Gander Mountain sells, I'm just looking for the regular untreated corn cob.  Thanks in advance.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If you would like to order it in bulk (ie $100 min order) I can get you this:

RCBS 87068 FORMULA 2 CORN COB MEDIA  (4lbs)
or
       LYM 7631320 TURBO MEDIA 10LB

Contact me via EMAIL or phone for more info.  Please no IM's, I'm terrible at remembering to answer them!

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
Richmond VA
804-986-7409
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Dawsons in Woodbridge that carries a good supply of reloading supplies, including cleaning media.  They're pretty expensive for guns, but if you need it fast, that's the place.  You might also check with Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I just use walnut in 25 lb bags from PestMart.

I add a cap-ful of "NuFinish" car polish and about 1 hr will clean all brass.

I may run another pistol cartridge reloading class at Shooters in the comming weeks if you know people in NOVA who might be interested.

D.C. Johnson
www.shootersparadise.com
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just use walnut in 25 lb bags from PestMart.

I add a cap-ful of "NuFinish" car polish and about 1 hr will clean all brass.

I may run another pistol cartridge reloading class at Shooters in the comming weeks if you know people in NOVA who might be interested.

D.C. Johnson
www.shootersparadise.com

+1 Petsmart , small mammal bedding
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Lizzard Litter is Walnut hull and works very nice, Gander Mountain has corn cobb media it on and off.

GRAF HI-LUSTER 8oz BRASS POLISH, NO AMMONIA 20/CS

www.grafs.com/metallic/product/4610

Best cleaner I have ever found and I may order a case soon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Try a local sand blasting shop.   I bought a 50 lb bag of walnut media from a vendor in Richmond for $30.   They also had corn cob for $35 or so.   Never tried petsmart.   That may be cheaper.    
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 on pet stores or WalMart for walnut and corn cob. Watch the sizes though-pet corn cob litter can tend to run large,which causes problems with it sticking in cases. I've not had any problem with the size of lizard walnut litter.
I use carnauba wax based car polish (turtle wax,nu-finish,etc) for case cleaner. It works well,is usually somewhere around my basement anyway, and it keeps tumbler dust down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top