Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 8:20:09 AM EDT
I'm trying to export to Italy my MT6400C.

My request for the Export Authorisation issued by the State Dept. has been rejected 2 times now because they say "it is a military gun". I'm 100% sure that as soon as they read M4 Carbine, they think it's a real M4 and do not even read "..semi auto, muzzle break, no bayonet lug, low capacity magazine, already exported to my country......." I've also attached the original Colt's brochure that reports all of that, but no way, they reject my request.

Any suggestion? Thanks

Paolo
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't call it an m4 carbine?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I shall declare what is engraved on the lower hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I guess I shall declare what is engraved on the lower

What is on the lower, whats colt's actual product name for it not nick name.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a photo from the net. It's marked Match Target M4 Carbine.
I'm sure that the "M4" he

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4402/mt6400cid3xs.jpg

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure that it is the US side that is rejecting it or maybe rejecting it in light of their laws.

If I remember correctly some of our people that are stationed in italy for a military nature had to carry non-nato calibers when doing work ourside the base (investigative I think).
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
True, 9 mm Luger is in Italy a LE only caliber as well as 5.56, but .223 is legal.
As a matter of fact, , the Italian Goverment has issued to me the Import Licence in few days also because the MT6400C has been already imported in Italy.

It seems that the bottle neck is securing the Export Authorisation in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top