Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:17:18 PM EDT
I just want to see if there is anyone else up here that is 18-20 years old that has there long guns yet....and that are real shooters that know how to uses them and not just something just to brag about
I am only 19 going on 20 and I have a Ak-47 SAR-1 and a Remi 870 express magnum
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
20 yrs here, WASR-10.  Just sold my Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in your position a few years ago.  When I was 18 I had a BPS 12ga, A-bolt 7mm and a bushmaster 20” A2, plus a few .22’s that I had since I was very young.  I had good friends from high school who have gone shooting with me since and were very surprised because they never knew I owned an AR.  Still have all three and love shooting that A2.  

Little friendly advice, when you buy a gun put the same amount of money into a savings account.  If you ever come across any unexpected bills you will have an option other than selling a gun.  

Good luck, good shooting and be safe.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We have several members that fall into this category IIRC.

We have one member that is 17 and has his own stuff. He can shoot too.

Whats is the IIRC?....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was in your position a few years ago.  When I was 18 I had a BPS 12ga, A-bolt 7mm and a bushmaster 20” A2, plus a few .22’s that I had since I was very young.  I had good friends from high school who have gone shooting with me since and were very surprised because they never knew I owned an AR.  Still have all three and love shooting that A2.  

Little friendly advice, when you buy a gun put the same amount of money into a savings account.  If you ever come across any unexpected bills you will have an option other than selling a gun.  

Good luck, good shooting and be safe.

That is so true...a buddy of mind had to sell his H&K G3A3 because of some unexpected bills that  came up....but you bet i learned real fast....

but thx for the advice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats is the IIRC?....

If I Recall Correctly
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats is the IIRC?....

If I Recall Correctly

THx man!! thats my first time seeing someone use that
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel old.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
here are some pics of my guns....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/Mon_LL/101_1382.jpg

not to bad for a 19 year old
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#10]
^ Thats my next project hopefully sometime soon. Build an ak.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Majestic, welcome to ARF!  Glad to see your interest in long guns.  It's amazing that not long ago a man was measured by how good he could shoot.  The "ride fast, shoot straight" era of our culture.  Today, if you have those interests you are likely to be called a "gun nut".  I wish you the best in finding other responsible 19 year olds with similar interests.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just want to see if there is anyone else up here that is 18-20 years old that has there long guns yet....and that are real shooters that know how to uses them and not just something just to brag about
I am only 19 going on 20 and I have a Ak-47 SAR-1 and a Remi 870 express magnum

I am 19.  I have a Springfield M1A Standard, an AR-15A2 I built myself on a Ameetec Lower, a Mosin Nagant M38, a Russian SKS, a Remington Model 700 PSS in a McMillan stock, an FN BDA marked 9mm Kurz, and a EAA Polymer Witness fullsize in 9mm.  I do know how to shoot them all quite well, though I am better with a rifle then a handgun.  My car is a POS.  Nice to have you onboard!

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]
heather has a couple long guns:  an AR15 and a .22 rifle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, my roommate is not on ARFCOM but once a week or so, and he has only made a very few posts, but he is 19 and has a Mk4 Enfield, a DDay Commemorative M1 Garand, and a Mauser.

-Bem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top