Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 7:48:05 PM EDT
I still have to wait on the paperwork to go through the NRA, but once it's done I'll be able to teach the basic pistol, rifle, and shotgun courses.
If anyone in the Richmond, Chesterfield County, Hopewell area is interested in a class, I'm willing to do them cheap for AR15 members.  We just might have to drive a little depending on where we decide to shoot at.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What is involved in getting this?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
In order to be an Instructor you need to go through an Instructor Counseler.  You have to take the Instructor course plus a seperate piece for the different areas you want to teach.  So when I did it I had to take the Instructor class, pistol, rifle, shotgun, and all three of the NRA First Steps packages.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats

Pistol,rifle, Personal Protection Instructor ,2 years now

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats too!!
CRSO since '99.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Congrats on getting your certification.

You squeezed a lot of stuff into one class. I did the Basic Home Firearm Safety and Personal Protection Instructor class in one weekend and that was enough to sit through.

It wasn't too bad considering I had to get it done to be considered for my new job So I definetly had some good incentive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan on on doing PP a little down the road once I get settled in and get a better place to live, and about 20 other things.  Anyone else get certified through Joe out in VaBeach?  What a good guy.

Also if anyone has a big course sometime in the future and you want to teach and need help with it don't forget me.

-Will

Oh and on an offtopic note, I got work in Virginia so hopefully I can make it out to the next Virginia campout and some shoots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top