Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 10:09:32 AM EDT
Iam going to the show at the Showplace and am looking for parts for a AR build. Anyone have feedback on some of the people that regularly have parts for the AR.Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you looking for?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Just about everything.From what I have read in the build it Maybe I should find a good price on the different parts instead of buying the kit?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just about everything.From what I have read in the build it Maybe I should find a good price on the different parts instead of buying the kit?

Your better off just trying to find a stripped lower and buy the rest of the parts from off of the EE
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
There's usally a guy in the back right hand corner,( as you walk in ), that has parts. Not sure of his prices though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
In my experience you'll probably overpay at a show.  Most of the stripped lowers I've seen have been about $130-150.  If you want a good deal, do this.  Get a couple buddies to go in for 3 Stag lower receivers.  Title2arms.com has them for about $80 shipped to your FFL when you buy 3.  Total price would be about $100 each with transfer fee.  Then get the rest of the parts off the EE.  It's really the best way to go.  RB Precision had a deal where you get a new RRA enhanced bolt carrier group with DPMS charging handle for $119 shipped.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I really appreciate the advice. I want to go with RRA,Stag, etc.I just got the bug so with a show this weekend I thought I might be able to find one of those lower recievers. I know what I want to spend per piece. Its funny but you go to these shows and see all of the parts and probaly don't give them a second look until you want to build a rifle yourself, then you have all these questions.     Koolaid he is one of the guys I was thinking about,I spoke to him before but never had any dealings. I like avoiding  problems so paying for the good stuff is preferred
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In my experience you'll probably overpay at a show.  Most of the stripped lowers I've seen have been about $130-150.  If you want a good deal, do this.  Get a couple buddies to go in for 3 Stag lower receivers.  Title2arms.com has them for about $80 shipped to your FFL when you buy 3.  Total price would be about $100 each with transfer fee.  Then get the rest of the parts off the EE.  It's really the best way to go.  RB Precision had a deal where you get a new RRA enhanced bolt carrier group with DPMS charging handle for $119 shipped.  MJD

Stag arms (CMT) are one of the best deal's going right now.  Check out the EE for a lower.  Even if you don't have 3 friends, buying just one shouldn't cost more than $95 C4igrant has CMT upper parts as well check out gandrtactical for some of his stuff.  Visiting the online dealers who run ads on the EE are the best bet in putting together a quality AR.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I have bought things from alot of the guys on the EE. Just looking for that deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top