Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:45:31 PM EDT
Thought this may be of interest to you all.
From the Jan 5-11, 2006 edition of the Falls Church News Press Crime Report
http://www.fcnp.com/544/crime.htm
Robbery, Chevron Gas Station, 702 S. Washington St., December 20, 8:11 p.m., unknown male suspect pulled a black semi-automatic style handgun on the store clerk and demanded that the clerk give him all of the money. A struggle took place between the clerk and the suspect. The clerk was able to remove the gun from the suspect without incident. The suspect fled the scene. No one was injured.
Robbery, 600 blk. Poplar Dr., December 25, 11:32 p.m., two unknown male suspects approached two victims, one of the unknown suspects called out to the victims. One of the victims turned around and was pepper sprayed by one of the suspects. The other victim was able to flee on foot to call for help. The unknown suspects advised the sprayed victim that they had a gun and taser in their possession. The unknown suspects had the victim turn the pants pockets inside out. After determining that the victim had nothing of value, both suspects fled on foot. Rescue responded to decontaminate the victim.
Robbery, 6757 Wilson Blvd., December 27, 6:48 p.m., police arrested a female, 26, of Alexandria, VA, for Attempted Robbery and Malicious Wounding. The victim involved in this incident was transported to Fairfax Hospital for further treatment.

Falls Church City councilmen David Snyder said,"There may be places where you need your guns, but let me assure you Falls Church isn't one of them." I guess he meant you don’t need a gun in Falls Church because you can take the criminal’s piece, because you can run for your life, because you will only get pepper sprayed and rolled, or because you can go to the emergency room. I will give the store clerk credit for guts. When I practiced gun takeaways in my old martial arts classes, I always thought no matter how good I get at doing it, I would never want to try it for real. As for the mugging on Poplar Dr., I am a bit surprised at the location and the timing. Poplar Dr is tree lined middle class neighborhood street, it is not known as a 'bad' neighborhood and the attack occurred on Christmas Day. The fact that the perps used pepper spray in an offensive fashion is also remarkable to me. I suppose pepper spray is better than a machete but it sure is a tricky thing to defend against.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just FYI...the Sheriff of Falls Church is a big time pro-gun guy.  
JT
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I know Sheriff Bittle used to work out at the now defunct Condon Firearms out in Chantilly.  On a side note I vaguely recall some controversy with him and the Mir Amir Kansi trial and the AK that he bought from that store.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:51:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just FYI...the Sheriff of Falls Church is a big time pro-gun guy.  
JT

AS are most of the Deputies. I know one of them real well, and have heard some of the things he has done for them.
A real good Sheriff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top