Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:31:00 PM EDT
Is it abnormal or wrong for vets to occasionally have an incredible urge to put back on their BDUs and kit, k-pot, PASGT, LBV, the whole bit, take their AR, and go shooting in such a manner?  Maybe a sign I should think about reenlisting?

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Never quite had that urge, but for some reason, after bing out for nearly six years, I still have two sets of pressed utilities with the rank pinned on and a shined pair of boots in my closet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is it abnormal or wrong for vets to occasionally have an incredible urge to put back on their BDUs and kit, k-pot, PASGT, LBV, the whole bit, take their AR, and go shooting in such a manner?  

I relive it through my younger son (9 y.o). Santa brought him a nice kid's plastic k-pot which happened to fit the GI issue extra small helmet cover very nicely. He's also got a folding shovel and cover for Christmas (his request). He and his buddies camo down and go play in the woods digging foxholes and using greenbrier as concertina.

He tooled around in his army gear for Halloween. One of my neighbors was surprised I could shorten the LBE shoulder straps enough to fit him.

Also I can't but help buy him GI Joe's. The only problem is he keeps trying to scarf pieces from my collection to fill in missing pieces on his guys.

So far I've only managed to wear a boonie hat to the range to fire my AR.

It's been twenty years since I was in the Army but yeah, I know how you feel.

Best Regards,

Zip

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I stay in the IRR for just that reason.  Whenever the urge hits, I look for an ADSW (Active Duty, Special Work) tour, and suit up for 14 days at a stretch.  The last one I did was at a recruiting office in 2002.
I need to see what's available for the summer.  I keep my spits and starches ready to go, but I'm thinking of buying those new ACU's.  They are shit hot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top