Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 8:25:18 AM EDT
I need to go to Richmond (Bon Air actually) this week for business, and I have enough open time built into the day to accomodate a short side trip to a gun store.  Anyone suggest a store within a reasonable distance from I-64/195?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are going to Bon Air/Midlothian, you are not too far from Southern Police Supply on Midlothian Turnpike and the Range right behid it...
Also, there is Bob Moates on Rt 360 and another cop shop on 360...near Rockwood Park
JT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Greentop is a large gun store just of 195 near 295 and 195.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Greentop is a large gun store just of 195 near 295 and 195.

don't you mean 95 and 295? or is there more then one of them?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Green top has more of a selection, its off 295/95 about a minute drive off the ramp.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I need to go to Richmond (Bon Air actually) this week for business, and I have enough open time built into the day to accomodate a short side trip to a gun store.  Anyone suggest a store within a reasonable distance from I-64/195?

Sounds like you are coming in from the north.  Anything in particular you are looking for?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I think southern police equip sucks. They wanted to charge me $75 to transfer an ar-15 lower receiver. The cost of the lower was only $89 shipped!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sounds like you are coming in from the north.  Anything in particular you are looking for?

Nothing in particular, just looking for a reasonably clean and friendly place where I can decompress a little by browsing after a less-than-pleasant workday, and before heading back.  Not to say I won't have the checkbook...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think southern police equip sucks. They wanted to charge me $75 to transfer an ar-15 lower receiver. The cost of the lower was only $89 shipped!

+ 1,000,000

Man they suck.  I stopped giving them my business long ago.   The range behind them, Dominion shooting range is run by a buddy of mine and they are building out for their new SOT Class II business they are starting up, Dwayne will have a selection of AR stuff on stock and will offer custom builds on just about anything.  Going to start making silencers and other toys as well as shortys and other AOW type toys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000,000

Man they suck.  I stopped giving them my business long ago.   The range behind them, Dominion shooting range is run by a buddy of mine and they are building out for their new SOT Class II business they are starting up, Dwayne will have a selection of AR stuff on stock and will offer custom builds on just about anything.  Going to start making silencers and other toys as well as shortys and other AOW type toys.

+1 On Dominion, my girl's mom got me a range pass there and I've bought some stuff there along with my AR lower. Great guys real friendly, only downside is the cost of ammo there. They also recently acquired a full auto mp5/10 that i was dying to shoot today but they were closed :(

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#11]
the place on 360 & Courthouse, near Rockwood park is Town Police Supply,
Degoffs is just south of 295, take the 360 west exit for Mechanicsville,
(same 360 for both, just different side of town)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000,000

+1 On Dominion, my girl's mom got me a range pass there and I've bought some stuff there along with my AR lower. Great guys real friendly, only downside is the cost of ammo there. They also recently acquired a full auto mp5/10 that i was dying to shoot today but they were closed :(

They should be able to retire on the 10mm ammo sales for the mp5/10 in about a week or two.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Green top has more of a selection, its off 295/95 about a minute drive off the ramp.

exit 86b iirc.  then make a left at the second light and its on the right maybe quarter mile down.  they have good people and a large selection of goodies.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#14]
forgot to add  Dance's,
south on 95 in colonial heights, i think it is the exit after Temple/Ft Lee,

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Green top is off exit 86 (I think) it is the Elmont exit. You can also pop off 95 to 295 and stop by DeGoffs In Mechanicsville.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 Degoffs (Mechanicsville).

Probably the best in evil-black-rifle stuff, and lots of good BS'ing to be had as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#17]
AAR - didn't get to go to any of them.  My boss decided to ride along with me, and he wanted to get back in a hurry.

Oh well, next time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
+1 Degoffs (Mechanicsville).

Probably the best in evil-black-rifle stuff, and lots of good BS'ing to be had as well.

Hands down the best.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

They have their man license in hand and have already built some pretty cool prototypes.

+1 on Dwayne.  Big thumbs up Joel, Craig and Adam too.  They've helped me on tons of stuff.

As to their ammo pricing, realize that it's part of thier business.  They need to eat, I just think of it as part of the price of admission, not just the price of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ 1,000,000

+1,000,001
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow, that’s absolutely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that’s absolutely ridiculous.

Oh I forgot to mention they had quoted me $8.99 a month before. They said 10% of the product cost, I called back when ready to order to make sure it was that cheap. Usually my money goes to dominion but 8.99 vs a 25 transfer fee I was gonna go to southern. Then they told me $75. I laughed at him when he told me that and hung up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
They said 10% of the product cost

For a transfer?

That’s highway robbery.

So if I were transferring an authentic HK PSG1 worth $10,000 this clown would want a $1,000 transfer fee? Personally, I would avoid that shop like it had the Ebola virus.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For a transfer?

That’s highway robbery.

So if I were transferring an authentic HK PSG1 worth $10,000 this clown would want a $1,000 transfer fee? Personally, I would avoid that shop like it had the Ebola virus.

I refuse to go there now, they are scum.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For a transfer?

That’s highway robbery.

I refuse to go there now, they are scum.

They make up for that by having a shity inventory
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top