Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 8:21:06 AM EDT
Still in business, move, or kaput?
Drove by this morning, place was dark & the window lettering was removed.
Just curious, anyone know what's up?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Still in business, move, or kaput?
Drove by this morning, place was dark & the window lettering was removed.
Just curious, anyone know what's up?

Gone with the wind.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
This was discussed several months ago but I can't remember the details.  Something about the owner not being willing to renew the lease or a problem with insurance, as I recall.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it had to do with insurance.  IIRC, the property owner's (the nearby Italian restaurant) insurance company was not going to renew the policy with a gun store on the property.  From what I heard the restaurant owner went so far as to try and find other insurers that would cover them so the store could stay open but no suitably priced insurance could be found.

Not sure if the insurer just found out about the store/changed policy or if the owner just got new insurance for cost.  It was discussed in a couple of VCDL VA ALERTs some time last year.  Might go to the VCDL site and search the archives.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top